Louis Ulrich to place

Louie is also an excellent coach, I worked with him a bit and he is now offering lessons out of the The Pool Room in Duluth. I highly recommend him.
I really don't think anyone should be surprised by his success.
He told me he got a lot of his early seasoning from a certain Philippino player, also in this event, you may have heard of him, a Mr. Reyes....;)
 
Honestly I think its more like what odds would YOU give up that he makes the top 16/ top 8/ top 4. The line that Louis finishes in the top 50 would have to be something on the order of 20 to 1 in your favor.

You will have to be talking about Louis winning the Open to get any kind of odds. top 4 might be even money bet, i dunno. I dont think too many of the people who have been watching the results lately will be giving up any odds. Maybe getting odds now....
 
Ok, odds the other way

uwate said:
Honestly I think its more like what odds would YOU give up that he makes the top 16/ top 8/ top 4. QUOTE]


Top 16 - 1.5:1
Top 10 - 1:1.5
Top 6 - 1:3

I'll see what evolves. PM, if we agree we'll post on the thread.
 
Last edited:
I just saw that Louis is in the final 16 winners side. Doesnt that make it impossible for him to finish with at least at 17-24th place finish?

At this point, I would only be interested in gambling if you wanted to do something with Louis winning the tourny.
 
If your thinking 3 to 1 for top 6 finish is fair...I dont think we are getting down.

I would only be interested in doing something if you want to take him to win outright.
 
uwate said:
If your thinking 3 to 1 for top 6 finish is fair

Ulrich plays Robles next, if he loses (if I read the brackets correctly) he will have to play the winner of Rodney Morris vs either Niels Fiejen or Shannon Daulton. These match-ups are pretty sporty. This would put him out 17-24. If he does win, he would then have to beat the loser of the (if I read brackets correctly) Orcullo, Walden, Souqet, Archer bracket final. This only puts him 7-10. He then has to win again to get 5-6.

How is 3 to 1 that unfair?

If you think 3:1 is fair for him to win the tournament, you can bet with both hands. That's rediculous. Regardless of his seeding now, there are 7 champions waiting to knock off Ulrich, the majority of which should be a favorite over him.
 
iba7467 said:
Ulrich wins 11-0, that's sick.

Did he play that good, good rolls, poor play by ED, or what?

There is a thread on Louis Vs. Ernesto. None biased, but Louis almost played a perfect match. He may have missed maybe 3 or 4 shots in the whole set. Ernesto, I assumed played a little nervous. He missed an open 2 ball in rack 2 and didn't get to see a full ball until rack 6? down 6-0. It was pretty lop sided match, because Louis had the total control and didn't ease up.
 
iba7467 said:
Ulrich plays Robles next, if he loses (if I read the brackets correctly) he will have to play the winner of Rodney Morris vs either Niels Fiejen or Shannon Daulton. These match-ups are pretty sporty. This would put him out 17-24. If he does win, he would then have to beat the loser of the (if I read brackets correctly) Orcullo, Walden, Souqet, Archer bracket final. This only puts him 7-10. He then has to win again to get 5-6.

How is 3 to 1 that unfair?

If you think 3:1 is fair for him to win the tournament, you can bet with both hands. That's rediculous. Regardless of his seeding now, there are 7 champions waiting to knock off Ulrich, the majority of which should be a favorite over him.

If your thinking 3-1 on a top 6 finish is so great...Ill take half odds you want... -150 and I will take Louis and bet that Louis finishes top 6. Your 3-1 line is way out of line. I think Louis is the favorite against Robles honestly. If he wins he has to play the winner of Allen Hopkins/
Tomoki Mikari. He wins that, he is final four winners side and guaranteed 5/6th. Thats why I think 3-1 is out of line. I never said 3-1 to win outright, I just dont see the logic in giving you 3-1 on two matches where I think Louis is favored.

You know...Im wasting my time here..because I would LOVE to see Louis snap it off. He is a poster here, seems like a humble regular guy and if he wins its the Cinderella pool story of 2007. I dont want to be betting against him whatever the line you set. Im out of this.
 
Last edited:
I saw him play at turning stone and he just as cool as the other side of the pillow. Even when it looked like Corteza was going to run away with the final ulrich got up and ran i believe something like 5 racks to make it a match again. The thing about it was that no one there had really heard of him and here he is running through a field full of champions undefeated. Great player with great poise.

Ben
 
Point taken

After your evaluation, I find we are both along the same lines. I expect the winner of Robles/Ulrich to have it easily with Hopkins/Mikari. I think Ulrich is the favorite over Robles +115 with at least +170 in the next match, but a loss to Robles puts the risk of out before 6th too high for me to take the wager. I also think his odds to win are too high to bet against at all.

Your outlook is spot on, just trying to hedge my bet in case of loss to Robles.

What would you give/take for Ulrich to win outright?
 
No bet! I want to root for Cinderella (sorry Louis, i know your the MAN!).
 
Back
Top