Lucasi Hybrid Fusion Cues?

Shaft

Hooked and Improving
Silver Member
I am currently saving up for my next cue which I am 90% certain will have a custom butt with a Predator or OB shaft. The butt I am designing will use copper and aluminum (or gold and silver) veneers because I like the look and I don't want the metal to make the butt too heavy.

But if designing my own cue gets to be too much of a hassle, I do like the look of the Lucasi Hybrid Fusion cues, but they are expensive (for production cues...).

The Lucasi web page is terrible and does not explain anything about how the cues are constructed or why. I know nothing about the company, its history or its product.

I know they are relatively new, but does anyone have any experience with these Fusion cues, good or bad?
 
Buddy Hall

is a rep for them and they send him their stuff all the time. He is the house pro at my pool hall and he plays with a Lucasi as well as their new 'Big Beulah' break stick. He represents their cues as does Thorsten Hohmann, but he does play with the Universal Smart Shaft. Buddy doesn't. He likes the hit of a normal playing shaft. The big beulah shaft appears to be graphite much like you see in golf club shafts. The handle of the break stick appears to be similar to the predator bk's.

The hybrid cues are new and different, but remain all flash IMO. They are similar to the poison line of cues or even the hyped up predator butts that have looks and pizzaz but couldn't hold a candle to a good custom cue. They are unmistakably a well-put-together cue, but the fact still remains, they are a production cue with a 'dead feel'. If I had to rate them, I would put them a notch below the Joss line of cues. They are nowhere comparable to the Schon or Mezz line of cues. The Uni-loc joint is an expensive joint, but is still a lazy man's contraption IMO.

I say get something custom made from someone locally if possible. Someone you can work with and talk to continually is my best recommendation providing you like that maker's hit and style. It all depends on your style as well.

If not, I can recommend two of my area's cue makers that provide playability comparable to any cue in the world.
 
I'm pretty sure they are built in the same factory as poison cues...at least thats what I have heard. Poison has a decent webpage and their construction is probably similar to that of the Lucasi hybrids
 
Back
Top