m26 x 0.5 tap needed

blackhawk357m

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm looking for a machinist or someone that can make me a m26 x 0.5 right handed bottom hand tap. Please contact me if you or you know of someone that can do this. :thumbup:

Thanks,

Nathan Brugmann

conetip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The best option is to look for a tap maker in the US, there are some that make special taps and one off items. It will not be cheap.
Proper taps, have the thread from ground, but each section of the tap is radially backed off with the full form, where as a turned tap, is just a piece of thread stock with a cutting edge relief added, and they only actually only cut on the backed off leading taper of the front of the tap.
You can make a basic turned one and get quite a good job can be done with full form 0.5 pitch threading tool, then harden it and temper, then grind into it carefully the cutting relief and then back off grind the front taper to make it cut. When making home made taps like above, I make it a slight taper turn, so the front thread form is slightly larger than the back.
Neil

blackhawk357m

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've contacted a lot of tool makers, so I'm just casting a net out there to see who and will do it and how much it would be