Magic rack, ball redirection

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
I have some slow motion shots of the Magic Rack rippling during the break. It's like a wave that travels from front to back.

However, it is very rare. Usually the Magic Rack just lays perfectly flat throughout the break.

I might shoot a few clips of what happens when you try to draw the cue ball from a shot that positions the bottom of the CB in the plastic...

-Blake

shoot me your address.... would love to send you some of the Accu-rack templates to let you see how they react if you are interested at all...

Chris

SloMoHolic

When will then be now?
Silver Member
shoot me your address.... would love to send you some of the Accu-rack templates to let you see how they react if you are interested at all...

Chris

PM sent. I'd be happy to shoot some video for you.

And I'd be happy to have a set of Accu-Rack templates, too! I was really impressed by the video explanation you posted a while back.

Thanks,

-Blake

fcee06

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Magic rack

I have never seen the issue with using the magic rack. It give the players, BOTH PLAYERS, fair and equal breaking conditions and it also drastically reduces racking times. The traditional rack have never given a consistent rack for both players. I agree with another poster the pros far far outweighs the few cons. Just my humble opinion.

Frank

woody_968

BRING BACK 14.1
Silver Member

Chris

One of the issues I have had with the other templates is after a while they sort of wear out, making it harder to get some of the balls frozen. Have you experienced this with your template?

Thanks

Woody

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
One of the issues I have had with the other templates is after a while they sort of wear out, making it harder to get some of the balls frozen. Have you experienced this with your template?

Thanks

Woody

The only slot that takes enough abuse to wear is the headball. The other slots don't seem to be experiencing the erosion I have seen on some of the other templates.. I have yet to see one of ours wear out to the point that it stops working but I have replaced some for a local pool room after 6-7 months of use... No way to know how many breaks were on em by then.....

The usual wear I see on our templates is where the arms don't want to lay flat from storing them a little wonky.... This is actual just memory and not really wear and they can be reset to flat just by hitting them with a good old steam iron on the polyester setting....

I had one complaint about the 8ball arms starting to tear where they hit the body but I am waiting on a design change until I see it as a common problem... If it ends up needing addressed I'll radius the nodes so that the laser doesn't cut anything to a sharp point......

Chris