MAJOR QBALL QUESTION (at least for me)

Dawgie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is my question guys - How do you tell if the Qball is perfectly round?

A more important question is how do you tell if the Qball is balanced throughout?

Here is an example of question #2- If you cut a Qball exactly in half, would the two pieces be exact in weight, and density? If you then cut the two halves in half (now the qball is quartered) would the 4 pieces be exactly the same and equal?

The reason for these questions is b/c I see the Qball "wobble" a little when slow rolling or perhaps just a tad faster than slow rolling. I know the surface of the table can be a factor but I think the Qball could also be causing its own "wobble".

Thanks for your time to answer this.:D
 
nothing man made is a perfect sphere

the cheapest, quickest way to measure weight and area is via calipers and a scale

there are very expensive machines that can detect sphericity errors as well as density, I supposed you could take it to a lab also and get a density reading

get a new top of the line Armaith cue ball and all these factors are moot
 
There are Cue Balls that are naturally off balance... can't tell you why. I have seen more than one. They mimic a Table Roll-Off, when rolling slow.

There is a Cue Ball gage that can be used to check roundness. You will throw a lot of Cue Balls away, after using this gage. Balls do get out-of-round, after being hit thousands of times.
 
Back
Top