Making a carpet beater

Luther Blissett

on the clapham omnibus
Silver Member
I was wondering if an old bar cue would stand up to the job if I grafted on a metal beating head.

My ex-girlfriend has one of those old metal frames in her communal garden (you know, the frames you can hang a carpet over while beating it).

Could this be done inside two months?

Also, how easily does the new Predator 1080 chalk beat out of carpets?

Would grounding the beater help to remove static from the carpet so that when playing it didn't get transferred to the balls? Does electrical charge effect play anyway? If yes, will official pool authorities permit Earl Strickland to attach a ground connector to his wrist during play?

TheThaiger

Banned
I was wondering if an old bar cue would stand up to the job if I grafted on a metal beating head.

My ex-girlfriend has one of those old metal frames in her communal garden (you know, the frames you can hang a carpet over while beating it).

Could this be done inside two months?

Also, how easily does the new Predator 1080 chalk beat out of carpets?

Would grounding the beater help to remove static from the carpet so that when playing it didn't get transferred to the balls? Does electrical charge effect play anyway? If yes, will official pool authorities permit Earl Strickland to attach a ground connector to his wrist during play?

I think it's doable, but would start a thread in the 'Ask a Cue Maker' forum to be on the safe side.

But I'm more interested in how you make a wife beater - have you any ideas? Ordinarily, I'd just drink 12 pints of Stella, but am thinking of something different this year. Would it be possible to remove the sleeves from an old T shirt instead?