Makita Backpack Cordless Vacuum

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Makita model XCV17. I’ve had this for 2 months and I highly recommend this unit for vacuuming a poolroom’s pool tables. Yes it’s pricey. I purchased mine on Amazon less than 2 months ago for under $900, but now looks like it’s over $1k. What a joy to use after decades of lugging around a 3hp shop vac in one hand and the hose extension in the other, and constantly dealing with the 50 foot extension cord. The suction of this unit is plenty - comparable to my 3hp shop vac.

I use it with a 10-inch horsehair brush attachment, also purchased on Amazon. I did need to order an adapter set to be able to use the brush attachment with this vacuum. If you PM me, I’ll provide the Amazon part numbers for all 3 of these items.

What used to take me 35 minutes for all 10 tables now takes less than 20 minutes and is physically much easier on me.

Last edited:

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like Home Depot has it for under $800.

The unit you show from Home Depot would be without the needed battery charger station and 2 batteries, which will add another $250-$300 to the total $. The Amazon unit comes with the charge station and the batteries.

Last edited:

Bob Farr

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
My local place uses a portable Oreca with shoulder strap. I think they got it at a pawn shop for 25bux. Got a brush of A'zon for 15bux. Works perfect.
You really know how to make a guys day, Ya know?:LOL: