Mandatory Evacuation

nfty9er

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Typhoon In China

Typhoon In China Kills 63 Plus 15 Missing In A Province Just Southeast Of Shanghai. Bring This Up Cause I Believe Colin Colenso From This Area. Hope All O.k. With Him And Smorgass Bored.
If You Can Post Up And Let Us Know Colin.

jungledude

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Best of luck, Doug

:p Doug, best of luck to you and the family and you'll friends who will face this devastating storm. I know you were here for Betsy and Camille which both hit Louisiana hard, and you survived that, and hopefully won't lose anyone or anything of value. God Bless, Humphrey :)

catscradle

<< 2 all-time greats
Silver Member
Pelican said:
Actually, as the tropical mass moves inland a lot of folks get in trouble (some die) because of heavy rain causing generalized flooding of rivers and streams. We had houses that were 15 feet above normal river level on Fish River be washed out and some away by flood waters that tried to rush out of the Weeks bay basin area. The thing I have always feared about hurricanes is the tornadoes they spawn. Worst I've seen was Camille (cat 5) and we were far enough east to get out pretty good. Lots of flooding and trees down. Took a direct hit from Frederic (Cat 4). Twern't no fun. Pecan orchards really took a beating. Did wonders for the roofing business. A lot of times smaller cat1 and 2 stoms that are heavy in moisture cause more property damage than dryer high wind storms. Down here new construction has to be at 140mph rating if within a certain distance of the Gulf.

Keep the cues dry smorg. Y'all stay safe, Pel

Sometimes it seems like a very, very good idea to put up with our New England winters. By time the hurricanes work their way up here either over all that land or all that cold water they're usually downgraded to tropical storms. In 58 years I think the worst I've seen was a cat 2, that was Diane in the 50's. That was my first one too, I can remember being out with my father in his big old refrigerated truck. He left me in it while he had to run in somewhere (probably a liquor store) to this day I still remember that thing rocking back and forth as the wind caught the refer box on the back. The nice thing up here is the storms are light enough you can actually enjoy them. Now the Blizzard of '78, that was a big payback for all our hurricane misses.

At any rate, according to the weather channel Smorg is out of it now and it never hit Tampa directly.

!Smorgass Bored

Hump ? What HUMP ?
Gold Member
The 11:00 a.m. weather report had the track of hurricane Charley going right through our livingroom. Fortunately, for us and the Tampa Bay area, the storm came ashore well south of our area. We were very happy to find our home and belongings safe upon our return. I'm glad that's over. Now, I can get some SLEEP...

Rude Dog

<---Dumb and Dumber
Smorgass Bored said:
The 11:00 a.m. weather report had the track of hurricane Charley going right through our livingroom. Fortunately, for us and the Tampa Bay area, the storm came ashore well south of our area. We were very happy to find our home and belongings safe upon our return. I'm glad that's over. Now, I can get some SLEEP...
Glad to hear ya made it through w/o a scrape. My brother called me at 4 A.M. today to tell me he was leaving his house and that he would call me when he got a chance. Well, he hasn't called yet. I'm not even sure what city he lives in, Sarasota, Clearwater, something like that. I hope he calls soon, gettin kinda worried now. :confused:

Rude Dog

<---Dumb and Dumber
As soon as I finished that last post, I got an email from my brother. He said it hit 50 miles south of his house and all he got was a little rain and wind, no damage. Everyone is safe at home, thank GOD. Peace.

Hannphie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hit in Daytona

Hi, Just letting you know we were at the pool room playing some pill pool then the light went out and we had to start playing cards with the flashlights . All is well our house has a little damage but it will be alright . The power is out and I miss the a/c. I have two hours on the laptop battery. Hope all are well see ya later. Hannphie