Manning cues

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
anyone have experience/comments???

I have one of his first cues here for a butt cap, The customer missed a shot and smashed it. The important part is, The cues still spins straight and the customer loves the way it plays. I'd say that's pretty good. I hope this helps.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have one of his first cues here for a butt cap, The customer missed a shot and smashed it. The important part is, The cues still spins straight and the customer loves the way it plays. I'd say that's pretty good. I hope this helps.

how did it end up in your hands???
was it a splice /core construction??

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
how did it end up in your hands???
was it a splice /core construction??

The owner of the cue is local in Conn. I do the repairs for their group.
I don't know much about his construction, I just replaced the butt cap and spun the cue to polish it. It is a plain Jane cue.

jfais1717

A.K.A Jimmy Tipless
Silver Member
i have owned a manning cue for awhile now and have several friends who also have them. all i can say is they are great cues! craftsmanship is excellent. hit is excellent. my cue has 4 points and each point is hair point and matches dead even with the other points. you not think thats all that awesome but when yu take my freinds tripple recut points where each and every point in each set of points lines up... thats amazing. my cue below-

Attachments

• IMAG0008.jpg
    IMAG0008.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 1,597
  • IMAG0010.jpg
    IMAG0010.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 1,568

MikesCues048

Cues 4 Christ
Silver Member
A cue you have to tryout

Hello everyone,
This past Sat. night in Albany, GA. I met the owner of this cue & the triple re-cut Manning cue.
As you can see this cue has a flat face & a black phenolic joint collar.
The triple re-cut has a full ivory flat face joint.
I am happy to say I played with both cues for about 20 mins. or so.
Let me tell you this, I absolutely love the way his cues hit with his very own taper on the shafts, etc.
If you want a cue that holds straight through the cueball hit, this cue does it almost like it's automatic.The workmanship is meticulous & the finish is bright, deep & shiny.
IMHO, I rate the performance top notch!
Form, fit & function is excellent!
Prices are very affordable, especially to players that want the most bang for their buck.

A little later, I was introduced to Mr. Manning, we talked for a while throughout the night & morning while watching the matches & drinking coffee until 6:20 am. at which time Mike Davis took the win from Tommy Kennedy in the 2nd match of the final,on the hill
He shared his passion for building cues that play excellent.

I like them so much, I am having a Rosewood triple re-cut built for me this yr.
Tommy is ordering one too.

Thank you,
Michael Matsie

southwestkid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great cues and even better price

Vern Manning of manning cues is a great guy. His work ethic he puts into his cues, and his knowlege of materials is amazing. I own one of his cues, it's my player cue. I collect cues and am a room owner, and I love his cues. My dad bought one, and we have sold at least 10 of his cues in my room over the past 3 months. The cues play really, really well, and this is coming from a person that has played with a Southwest for the last 10 years. He does all his inlay work by hand. But its really the hit of his cues that makes people want to buy his cues. His leather wraps are perfect too. I'm very lucky to have him close to my city, I dont let just anybody do work on my cues that are in the $10,000-$18,000, but I trust vern. right now you can get a hell of a cue from him for $500-$1000, other more well known cuemakers might ask $1000-$2000 for the same cue. I willing to bet in a few years his cues will be demanding those kind of prices too. So now is the time to get one.

Zingale

Nine Out

THANK YOU AZBILLIARDS
Silver Member
Vern did some clean up work for me and I can attest that he CUTS NO CORNERS. He's a very BRIGHT, exceptionally gifted gentleman.

I have hit his cues, they hit lights out I'd order big now as Mr. Zingale said they will go up!

Vern's cues sell Vern's cues PERIOD.

You won't find him pushing his wares, he lets them sell themselves and that's exactly what he wants.

Thanks Vern for helping me with my Mason when I was in Tally!

All the best,

Shane

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Cliff Manning also known as Vern is a straight up guy. I know he uses some of the best shaft wood that can be found. That in itself will make his cues have a great foundation to start with. From our many transactions I have found he is a very honest straight forward person to do business with also. He has been a member in good standing with the International Cuemakers Association for years also.

cvmanning

Registered
First off I would like to thank all for the wonderful comments. For Mike Webb and also Chris Hightower i do appreciate the comments and I think you both do some outstanding work.

For those that have been asking questions about my style, well all I can truly say is that it is a build style that is only slightly different from some proven styles used by past and current prestigious cuemakers. I prefer to do all work without any intervention from computers (even though I do not believe this to be a completely bad method).

Also I have uploaded a few pictures of a recent cue that was done. All the points are recuts in this cue. The Joint, Buttcap and inlays are all preban ivory.

Again thanks to all...:)

Cliff Manning
Manning Custom Cues
850-295-4919

Attachments

• Mike Finished cue full.jpg
    Mike Finished cue full.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 1,185
  • Mike Finished cue forearm.jpg
    Mike Finished cue forearm.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 1,227
  • Mike Finished cue buttsleeve.jpg
    Mike Finished cue buttsleeve.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 1,174

mbkpool

Registered
I have known Cliff "Vern" Manning and his family for many years. The cue in his post happens to belong to me. I drove to the US Open from Ct to see Cliff and pick up the cue. An extremely good hitting cue that just happens to be beautiful at the same time. Anyone who has been in his shop can attest to the fact that he is very meticulous and single minded in his cue building. He lets his cues talk for him. His cues will go up in price as the workmanship is top notch. I also have a very early cue of his that he made for me as a break cue. Still breaks great and looks have held up over time (7-8 years). Anyone that plays with one will be truely impressed. Not a lot of his cues are here in CT, but if anyone wants to hit with one, come by Montville Pizza and sports bar in Montville on a Wed night and you can try the one pictured above.

mbkpool

Registered
Just to add something, I am not the person that had a butt cap replaced by Mike Webb. Although Mike does all my cue work for me, I don't abuse the cue for something that I probably did!

meuccise11

Registered
Manning Cues

I to have a Manning cue. Hits like a monster. It will put so much spin on a ball that i had to start using less english. Craftsmanship is second to none.The quality of wood is outstanding. My player is beautiful solid black ebony and red amboyna,just wish i had a picture to upload. He is also making me a matching break cue. :thumbup::thumbup:

rob@BPQ

custom cue maker
Silver Member
manning cues

cliff is an ok guy but he doesnt handle his booze well. some days he thinks he can even build cues.

MSandru23

Registered
I saw Verne Drink Rob "under the table" in Dothan, Rob had to get carried out by his buddies. LOL, Rob was HAMMERED!!! .....and Verne's cues are better too!!!