Masse shot, cue question.

Weber

Registered
I have been working on my masse shot, as it is good to have against a heavy safe player or when you get out of shape a bit.

The other day I played a guy and ran down to the eight from the break, but left myself out of line a just enough to not have a clear shot at the eight sitting in the corner.

Due to his placement of balls a kick shot would have been really tough, if not possible at all. I ended up jumping the ball to make it, but later after thinking about it masse probably would have been the right shot to take.

At home I set the balls up to practice the same shot in the same situation. When I'm performing a masse shot, my cue/shaft/tip combo really effects my ability to make it.

When using my normal playing cue, I don't seem to get the action I want and feel like due to the elevated angle, the length and weight of the cue are effecting my shot.

When using my jump cue/shaft, I end up miscueing or jumping. I believe this is because of the flatter/less textured tip. This happens mostly on extreme English masse shots.

If I use my jump cue handle with either my playing g-core shaft or spare G-core shaft, it's a great combination that allows me to control the cue, give as much as curve as I need, not miscue, and pocket the object ball at a high percentage of the time.

I know in my league this is allowed bca rules, but apa and a few others do not allow you to change equipment. Should I not get used to using this setup, or just keep perfecting it for the league I play in?

Here is short video of the shot I was talking about.

http://s296.photobucket.com/user/We...F-4D2E-8D49-C879C25A31C8_zpsayieum3q.mp4.html

Last edited: