Math Questions For Pool Players:

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
If anyone needs some tips, the area of a rectangle is length times width.
And the surface area of a sphere is (4/3)(pi)(radius squared), its the derivative of the volume with respect to the radius.
However for a pool table I am thinking the derivative of the volume should be taken with respect to time instead.

You've heard of Xeno's arrow. Well this is Justin's deformation. Its billiard riddle.

The main point to argue is what is the maximum effect of surface area contact on motion?

eddieindetroit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If only there was a competent math instructor around...they would know.

My fourth grade calculus teacher Dr. Wyrock is only an APA 4 but perhaps the most intelligent pool player I know. Dr. Wyrock insisted that to model f(x) I abandon my generally held principles for reducing bias. Obviously the race of the ball includes its phenotypic characteristics such as its skin color, eye color, etc and could define its inherited physical and behavioral characteristics. The balls ethnicity would encompasses cultural factors such as nationality, tribal affiliation, religion, language and traditions, etc. but ethnicity probably wouldn’t alter the size of contact between the ball and the cloth? The sex/gender of the ball would add several complex variables virtually impossible to model in 2021.

Eddie

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We're all getting played by this fool. I put him back on permanent 'Ignore' and i'd suggest everyone else does too. Obvious the guy has NO life and just sits in his mom's basement thinking this goofy shit up. What little entertainment-value his threads have gets old REALLY fast.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
I am not sure if this is possible or not, but its possible a curve would twist onto itself, but why?
I have heard about DrDave and his so called swerve theory.

I think it has to do with the amount of surface area contacting the cloth on the table.
I've done some experiments adjusting the frictional coefficient of the surface and here are some observations.

DrDave's sense of physics is broken. This stuff can happen. But why only left turns?
Is there some type of one dimensional parameter than translates into a two dimensional shift?
View attachment 597533

really?
what a gd moron,

whoever still doesnt see what a fool this kid is, is just as bad for fueling this bullshit.

justnum

Silver Member
I appreciate the comments, but if you want the answer.
Send a submission to me in private message for a Billiard Aptitude Test evaluation.

Some of the comments are worthwhile and in private discussion can turn into something worth talking about.

justnum

Silver Member
I have been adjusting what I strike the cue ball with.

Switching to a pliable adhesive has produced some interesting effects.

I cant post results until I get approval.
But its definitely worth looking into, there is potential.

This picture shows a cross section of a disassembled cue tip with the special adhesive on it.

Momentary cue contact is fun, but gaining extra control is providing unexpected results. Additional analysis wont be completed until an answer is presented.
401DC120-3D7C-4A93-B601-7D4E2FBCEB89.jpeg

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
slap some dogshit on the tip and see what the results of striking the balls are then, and please post results,

as you get the consent to release that vital information, of course

justnum

Silver Member
My fourth grade calculus teacher Dr. Wyrock is only an APA 4 but perhaps the most intelligent pool player I know. Dr. Wyrock insisted that to model f(x) I abandon my generally held principles for reducing bias. Obviously the race of the ball includes its phenotypic characteristics such as its skin color, eye color, etc and could define its inherited physical and behavioral characteristics. The balls ethnicity would encompasses cultural factors such as nationality, tribal affiliation, religion, language and traditions, etc. but ethnicity probably wouldn’t alter the size of contact between the ball and the cloth? The sex/gender of the ball would add several complex variables virtually impossible to model in 2021.

Eddie

I was thinking of doing a global collab cor pool rooms around the world. It would be a way to promote rooms, pro players and something science related.

you have some fully formed ideas. outside of fourth grade using your imagination should be done under supervision of a mathematician.

if most thoughts are managed by engineers you can expect version control. Based on world pool they finally pulled the switch to 10 ball.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
I am not sure if this is possible or not, but its possible a curve would twist onto itself, but why?
I have heard about DrDave and his so called swerve theory.

I think it has to do with the amount of surface area contacting the cloth on the table.
I've done some experiments adjusting the frictional coefficient of the surface and here are some observations.

DrDave's sense of physics is broken. This stuff can happen. But why only left turns?
Is there some type of one dimensional parameter than translates into a two dimensional shift?
View attachment 597533
Not a physics major - however I can tell you it is my opinion that I can generate more speed on cue ball (10 ball break) on a nine ft than say a bar box. So in relation to rpm's - the cue ball will stay on tables surface - or at least closer to surface - the larger the table. This may result in more 'potential energy' for those who have the powerful break in say Ten Ball - com[pared to bar box. Also the more the humidity - the less cue ball will jump or leave tables surface. I sound like I know what I'm talking about, also I agree with you that Dr. Davey's physics are questionable. Those who design race tracks (bca) do indeed enjoy their left turns.

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
I have been adjusting what I strike the cue ball with.

Switching to a pliable adhesive has produced some interesting effects.

I cant post results until I get approval.
But its definitely worth looking into, there is potential.

This picture shows a cross section of a disassembled cue tip with the special adhesive on it.

Momentary cue contact is fun, but gaining extra control is providing unexpected results. Additional analysis wont be completed until an answer is presented.
View attachment 597570
Interesting but probably not within the rules.

gerryf

Not a physics major - however I can tell you it is my opinion that I can generate more speed on cue ball (10 ball break) on a nine ft than say a bar box. So in relation to rpm's - the cue ball will stay on tables surface - or at least closer to surface - the larger the table. This may result in more 'potential energy' for those who have the powerful break in say Ten Ball - com[pared to bar box. Also the more the humidity - the less cue ball will jump or leave tables surface. I sound like I know what I'm talking about, also I agree with you that Dr. Davey's physics are questionable. Those who design race tracks (bca) do indeed enjoy their left turns.
Ha! Ha!

No, you don't sound like you know what you're talking about.

justnum

Silver Member
Ha! Ha!

No, you don't sound like you know what you're talking about.

He is the only to point out the ball could've be following a hidden deformation in the cloth creating the track like motion. The same phenomena for gutter balls on a pool table.

Your post on the other hand was empty criticism.
Similar to when people notice other players for the wrong reasons.
See following diagram.

DUCKAPA.png