McDermott D-1 cue for sale

jaetee

rack master ;)
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here is a plain Jane McDermott D-1 cue, made sometime between 1984-1990.

When I got the cue a while back it had no tip, a cracked ferrule and a few ugly little chips around the bottom edge of the butt. I had a new Ivorene ferrule with milk dud tip put on, and had the butt edge cleaned around the bottom 1/8" to get rid of the ugly little chip marks. Length of cue did not change due to the rubber bumper design. Now she's ready to play pool again.

McDermott D-series cues hold a special place in my heart and I would keep it, but I already own a D26 with long shafts and my name engraved as my primary player, so I very seldom use this one.

This would make a great "low risk" playing cue for times you want to travel with a quality cue that is not particularly flashy. Or a good cue to check out if you are not familiar with D-Series McDermotts and are curious what all the buzz is about.

There are some minor signs of use in the forearm, but you have to look super close to see them. Definitely nothing offensive. The shaft is nicely conditioned, smooth with no nicks or dings. The wrap is the original McDermott nylon and overall I'd rate this cue condition as a solid 8 or 8.5 out of 10. Kind of amazing considering it's age... It's a very nice hitting, classic cue that is well-deserving of it's fine 30-year old reputation.

When rolled on a table the tip stays on the table and it rolls nice and straight, but there is some taper roll in the upper half of the shaft. It does not affect my playing and I am comfortable saying that when I missed a ball shooting with it, the fault was mine and not be the cue's! :grin:

Dimensions:
  • Cue is 58" long,
  • weighs in at 19.2 oz
  • has a 13mm tip.

Please look at the photos and feel free to ask additional questions.

Asking $OLD, which includes shipping in the continental US. AK, HI and foreign buyers should please reach out to discuss options.

30rtdhk.jpg

351v676.jpg

avkiv5.jpg

Last edited: