McDermott Defy..........

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just got to try one today. Played ok but the finish is HORRIBLE. It has a finish that reminded me of the old Cuetec glass coated shafts. I don't see how you could use one without a glove. Very sticky thru your bridge. Compared to all the other cf shafts i've tried it easily comes in last place. If McD would fix the finish they'd have a good product. As is i'd never consider buying one.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
I think they include that cue silk liquid with the defy when you order it. That told me what you experienced. I like the revo the best and heard the hit is completely opposite so that's why I never tried one.

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Gold Member
Silver Member
I think they include that cue silk liquid with the defy when you order it. That told me what you experienced. I like the revo the best and heard the hit is completely opposite so that's why I never tried one.
Just picked up a Cuetec Cynergy, the finish is silky smooth. I really like it. ;)

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Wasn't for me out of the 12 different brands I've tried. Glad you're enjoying it though.
I haven't hit it yet. I do really like the finish. I will give it a try. If I don't care for the hit, I may try a tip change. Here's hoping. 👍

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Gold Member
Silver Member
I haven't hit it yet. I do really like the finish. I will give it a try. If I don't care for the hit, I may try a tip change. Here's hoping. 👍
It's the 15k version. Not sure if the shaft has deviated from the original release.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
It's the 15k version. Not sure if the shaft has deviated from the original release.
Not sure either. Had one of the originals from the week they originally came out. Haven't heard of them making any newer versions except for the added diameters. I wasn't a fan of the tiger tip and changed it out, still didn't help for me. I have bought a ton of new stuff during the quarantine and have about 9 cues, 30 shafts(9 being CF) to try out myself. Going to be weird for sure as I haven't hit a ball in 18 months.

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Not sure either. Had one of the originals from the week they originally came out. Haven't heard of them making any newer versions except for the added diameters. I wasn't a fan of the tiger tip and changed it out, still didn't help for me. I have bought a ton of new stuff during the quarantine and have about 9 cues, 30 shafts(9 being CF) to try out myself. Going to be weird for sure as I haven't hit a ball in 18 months.
I have a custom CF shaft that MVP made for me from one of fishermanocuiri's blanks. It matches my MVP/KDP custom cues perfectly, plays really well, and took an accidental blow, that would have rendered a wood shaft, likely useless. If the Cynergy doesn't work out, she will go on down the road. ;)