McDermott G Core shaft

lukemindish

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm looking at purchasing a new cue at a low price $200-$300 range. I found a nice wrapless McDermott cue coco and Birdseye with white and silver rings and a white joint with a 3/8x11 pin. Comes with a g core shaft and I'm just wondering what people thoughts are on these shafts. I've never hit with one and I don't really know anyone around my area that has one. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

DaveM

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Plenty of nice, new McDermott cues with the G-Core in that price range. It's probably 3/8 by 10 which is the usual McDermott pin size. The G-Core shafts are good shafts, I have one and like it.
There have been a couple of other threads about them, if you Google G-Core shafts you can get some reviews, links to old threads etc.

Last edited:

Lou Bones

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Plenty of nice, new McDermott cues with the G-Core in that price range. It's probably 3/8 by 10 which is the usual McDermott pin size. The G-Core shafts are good shafts, I have one and like it.
There have been a couple of other threads about them, if you Google G-Core shafts you can get some reviews, links to old threads etc.

I agree with Dave M. There are a lot of new McDermott cues with G-core shafts in your price range. My main playing cue is a prime example. When I first bought it, I used the g-core shaft all the time. Eventually, I decided to try an OB shaft and found that I liked it better. That is NOT saying there is anything remotely wrong with the g-core shaft. It is fine. I just happen to prefer my OB shaft. That's not to say you would. Everyone is different. But the point is: McDermott makes good cues in your price range and the g-core shaft is fine.

AlexandruM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
G-core shaft are good. It have less deflection than a standard maple shaft, also it have nice feel and feedback. You can't go wrong with it.

dano599

Registered
Both me and my son have been using the G-core for the past 7-8 yrs and I agree with the others it's a very good playing shaft.