Met up with PizzaBob, made a nice bridge jump-shot

AuntyDan

/* Insert skill here */
Silver Member
Mr. Pizza Bob was in town (The O.C. that is) and we finally managed to collide at Danny K's on Monday night. PB wants me to make it clear right up front that, due to onerous travelling requirements, he'd been without sleep for some suitably herculean amount of hours and was therefore playing under a significant disadvatage.

So with that perfectly usable excuse out of the way he felt relaxed and happy enough to miss frequently and leave me nice easy run-outs, for which I am always greatful. I thought this showed exceptional courtesy so often lacking in the youth of today.

Anyhoo we were shooting some 8 Ball (BCA, 9' tables) Memory blurs if I was left like this by Bob or if I hooked myself like retard, but I found myself in the following unpleasant position (I was the spots):

http://CueTable.com/P/?@3EQNG4HBje3OOXP3PNXi3YQNG3YdGu3YdGu3YdGv3kNXi3kNry3kCbi4kbIl4kUMP@

My kicking is less than great, and it was such a juicy jump shot so I just had to try it. However the problem is I could not reach to bridge the shot with a dart stroke, which a short jump like this needs. With steely resolve I determined to try something I've never done before, a jump shot with the bridge. Fortunately I had my trusty "Batarang" bridge head in the bag, so I slipped this on my playing cue, turned it on it's side, broke down the X-Breaker and setup on the shot. Bob was trying his best to be polite and not to snigger at the unlikely configuration. However not only did I make the jump but snapped in the object balls and made position on the 8.

If we'd been playing for big money I doubt I would have left with all my limbs after pulling off that little stunt, and besides as already noted Bob was sleep-deprived, otherwise I'm sure he'd have landed that left hook a little better ;-)
 
Last edited:
Pizza Bob's the BEST!! I've met up with him at the Expo and once at the PH.

Glad you had a great time!!

Barbara
 
Back
Top