First time I entered. I had a great partner who just couldn't cover all the screwups I made. Every match for us was a race to 10. So even if it was 9-ball every match was a grind because of the strategy sessions with partner etc. Two of our matches went hill-hill which means those matches
went 19 games. In one match we were down 8 to 2 and came back to win
10-9.That was a lot of work and focus. But, my god, what a great feeling!
One match before the money we were knocked out 10 to 5. We had been playing pretty steadily from 1:00 P.M. Sat. afternoon until 12:30 A.M. Sun. morning and I had pretty much run out of gas and made a couple of bad mistakes. Teams in the money would come back Sunday at noon to finish up.
As tough as it is this tourney is it's a must for you and a partner if you think you got the nuts. I loved every minute of it. Jazz, the T.D. runs a good tournament and this is no pristine arena tourney. It's a large bar atmosphere with the jukebox belting rock & roll along with all the normal Saturday night bar noises. Hard core.
To me it was heaven. I loved it. If you don't try it, your missing something
in your pool experience.
went 19 games. In one match we were down 8 to 2 and came back to win
10-9.That was a lot of work and focus. But, my god, what a great feeling!
One match before the money we were knocked out 10 to 5. We had been playing pretty steadily from 1:00 P.M. Sat. afternoon until 12:30 A.M. Sun. morning and I had pretty much run out of gas and made a couple of bad mistakes. Teams in the money would come back Sunday at noon to finish up.
As tough as it is this tourney is it's a must for you and a partner if you think you got the nuts. I loved every minute of it. Jazz, the T.D. runs a good tournament and this is no pristine arena tourney. It's a large bar atmosphere with the jukebox belting rock & roll along with all the normal Saturday night bar noises. Hard core.
To me it was heaven. I loved it. If you don't try it, your missing something
in your pool experience.