Meucci Originals M-15 "City of Lights"/"Road Agent" MINT!

whitey2

Time Stand Still
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
F/S: Meucci Originals MS-3 "City of Lights"/"Road Agent" MINT!

Hi Folks,

A few months ago I bought two of these, and I only "need" one of them.

The one I have for sale is absolutely the most attractive one I have ever seen, but it is about
an ounce too heavy for me. It feels like a 20.5 ounce with the weight bolt in, and maybe
19.75 or 20 ounce with the weight bolt removed.

It is from the early 1980s, and looks like it just came from the factory. There are NO
scratches at all on this cue, as it spent almost all of its life in a display case. It has a black
covered wrap, and a beautiful goldish-green forearm staining.

It comes with two shafts, and everything is perfectly straight as far as I can determine.

I'm looking to get $650, but will take $600 cash if someone wants to pick it up in the
Boston area. I'm getting a little nervous about cue shipping these days, which is why I
made a 10+ hour road trip to pick up the one I'm keeping from "Fast-N-Loose" in PA.

I'll be posting pictures soon, as soon as I can get some that come close to doing this cue's
colors and overall appearance some justice.

Thanks for reading...

Last edited:

whitey2

Time Stand Still
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
some pictures

These are the pictures that were included in the ebay auction when I bought it.

I will take and post more pictures later tonight.

Attachments

• a9ad_1.JPG
    a9ad_1.JPG
    19.5 KB · Views: 1,995

phinmole

www.phinmole.com
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
89   0   0
Bump for a gorgeous MO! And at that price a real bargain!
Steve! Where are you! You are missing out!

Felix

whitey2

Time Stand Still
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
thanks

Thanks for the comment Felix.

I know how much you are into Meucci's, but these days, perhaps due to the economy, it seems that these are not fetching what they used to. If I didn't lose my job again a few months ago, I would never sell this one.

I'm planning on waiting a week or so, and putting it on ebay, but at a higher starting price, since I'll lose about 10% due to ebay and paypal fees.

I'm hoping this ends up in someone's hands, that truly admires the cue's appearance (and hit) as I do. It's almost too nice to play with, like the one I do play with occasionally.

Subsonic2u

No wonder I can't shoot
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0

whitey2

Time Stand Still
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Ok, Ms-3

OK, MS-3... :)

It seems ebay deletes the item after 60 days, as I can no longer view the original auction in which I bought it.

I thought the original owner stated M-15, but I or he could have been wrong.

A funny side note on this. I did not set out to buy two of these cues! I used the "buy it now" option on ebay, and about an hour later, I got a message saying "Sorry, you missed this one". He sent that message to me by mistake, as he was answering many questions at the time.

So, I thought I missed this one, so I made sure I was the winner of the "other" one, which Fast-N-Loose was selling. Then, later that day, I received a message saying that he made a mistake, and I did not miss the first one. :)

I would actually refuse an offer of $2000 for the one I'm keeping, since it feels like part of my arm, and has a white/black speckled covered wrap, which I'm growing fonder of, each time I take it out of the case.

phinmole

www.phinmole.com
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
89   0   0
Ya gotta believe Charlie, I think he has like 10,00 Meucci Originals (or so), and always helps me out with Meucci identification!

And you are so right, if my economy was better, I would have bought your cue already! :)

Felix

whitey2

Time Stand Still
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
price with only one shaft

If someone only wants one shaft with the cue, I'll take $550 for the cue with only one shaft.

I'd actually prefer to keep one of these shafts as an extra for MY cue. :)

whitey2

Time Stand Still
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
more pics

I'm having a lot of difficulty capturing the true colors and beauty of this cue, as I do not have a very high quality camera. In fact pictures of a bright red sweatshirt appear as a dull orange/red.

But, here goes...

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 1,395

whitey2

Time Stand Still
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
another

Wow, in real life, this is a gold, with a slight green tint...

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 1,314

Cuephoric

1hole anyone?
Silver Member
Rating - 96.2%
25   1   0
Subsonic2u said:
U say your Road Agent is an M15. That is a newer Q made in the 90s and would have the signature Meucci written in script as shown here. http://www.budgetcues.com/archive/meucci-m-series-page-2.htm

The Q u have is the original MS3 made in the 80s as shown here with the signature Meucci Originals written in block letters. http://www.budgetcues.com/archive/meucci-ms-series.htm

The MS 3 which u have is worth more than the M 15.

Charlie

The AZ voice of Meucci comes through again!
You're quick!

whitey2

Time Stand Still
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Unfortunately, even though I changed the title of post #1 to indicate MS-3, it still shows
as M-15 when listing the thread titles.

I can't understand why this has not sold at that price, as it is probably the best example
of this model in existence. I priced it for a quick sale, but I guess I was wrong.

whitey2

Time Stand Still
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
oops, maybe 99.95 % condition

Just an update. Upon EXTREMELY close examination, I have noticed that although there
are no scratches or nicks on this cue, I have noticed an area within the wrap area that
is not 100.00% conical.

I'm not sure what the proper term for this "deviation from perfection" is. I have noticed
this on other cues in the past, and have been told that it can be also caused by the cue
very lightly rubbing the cloth on top of a rail when using a level stroke.

When you look down the butt, when pointed at a light, and rotate the cue, you can
(barely) notice a slight area that is not completely conical like the rest of the butt.

In any case, I live by a code of honesty and truthfulness, and I would not feel right
without stating this.

I will try to capture this in some pictures, although since it is so minor, I'm not too
optimistic about being able to photograph.

I remember seeing this condition on brand new cues, but again I don't know what the
correct term is. It may even just be a characteristic of hand rubbing during the
finishing process.

Last edited:

Jule

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe the right term would be "a slight taper roll".

BTW: A beautiful cue!

whitey2

Time Stand Still
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Jule said:
I believe the right term would be "a slight taper roll".

BTW: A beautiful cue!

I'm not sure that would be the correct term, since the butt is not warped at all. It just has an area in the covered wrap that seems to be indented about 1/2000 of an inch or so. (Guessing on this, as no tools are coming near this cue!)

This causes reflections to be slightly more distorted in that area.
Not that I have ever seen a cue that reflects perfectly like a mirror!

Oh yeh, thanks for the compliment on the cue.

whitey2

Time Stand Still
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Offers accepted. I was hoping to make it down to RI for the Joss Tour event this weekend, so cash and carry customers will be given high preference!

Thanks...