Meucci quality

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This has been debated many times. Some love their vintage older Meucci and some hate the new ones due to quality control. From shooting my buddies older Meucci it shoots great. The quality isn't there.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can anyone comment on whether or not meucci quality has improved or is it still hit or miss?
Still iffy. The pro and Pro Carbon shafts are pretty nice. I personally would not buy a Meucci with inlays, seen too many of them pop. My $.02 worth? Buy a Mezz if buying a production cue. Flawless construction and they play great.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
The BMC line is pretty nice and very quality items. I recently bought one and ordered another. Fit and finish perfect.

timothysoong

TS Billiards
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have purchased a few from BudgetBilliards recently. Imo they have improved compared to couple of years back.

megatron69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Never had a single issue with a Meucci. I've had maybe two dozen, and been buying them since 1985 or so. My most recent Meucci (ANW-3) seems to be of pretty good quality. The points are pretty even, one inlay appears to be just a hair wide vs. the others, but that might just be the light or something; it's barely noticeable. The rings are of equal size and they aren't raised at all.

But I've never had a Meucci fall apart, or have a joint issue that wasn't my fault, or take a bad warp or whatever. All have been at least serviceable and shot like, well, a Meucci. Though I much prefer the old Meucci Originals like my DH-2 with the regular old growth rock maple shaft. It might induce some deflection, but it has the best hit of all of them.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can anyone comment on whether or not meucci quality has improved or is it still hit or miss?

This depends on how well you play waka waka :cautious:😭😭😭

.. get it.... cause you miss.. when you play pool whahaaaahhaaahhaaahaa

Oh I kill myself...

I have seen a lot of people setting Meuccis on Facebook lately so someone wants them, or someone wants to start a fad with them or something, people are also looking for them to re-sell, usually the higher end models, seems like 3-4 of the designs are really out there, a lot of the gambler designs.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
Also worth mentioning that there are about 10 new BMC lines not found on the Meucci site or Budget Billiards site. Most can be found on eBay, seyberts & Facebook.

PoolFan101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I played with a Meucci 30 years ago and still do. I know guys who have had their cues for 25 plus years and no issues and I know guys who have Meucci cues that are 2-3 years old and still no issues. I do not like the Black dot shaft. I prefer the red dot. The one I play with is about 22 years old or so and it plays flawlessly. Hi pro 1 with red dot shaft. They also make a sweet sneaky Pete , the M1 is unbranded and is the best sneaky production cue on the market IMO