Mezz Air Drive II vs Cuetec Propel

newcuer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thoughts? Both have carbon fiber shafts, but I am more interested in their large tip diameters and if people are finding this helpful and how the jump cues compare to each other.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
What is wrong with your stick shaft? Bet nothing and you not running 100 balls with it in 14/1?

Carbon shaft is latest, greatest have to have gizmo pool press say is wonderful.

If pool press was not hyping new great stuff, they would have zero to right about.

Last edited:

Jimmorrison

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
AD2 is amazing on short high jumps but not so much on longer shots as it is too light for those. On the other hand Propel can jump both short and long jumps in amazing fashion - Cuetec was smart on this one - Propel is 3-piece cue where the last piece weights 3oz - when you take that last piece off Propel is really lightweight jumper (even lighter than AD2) allowing for those ultra short jumps; when fully assembled Propel is heavy enough to have enough punch for those long jumps. In comparison AD2 is a 2-piece cue; you can buy an extension to it which improves its long-range jumping but it will cost you and still Propel will be better long-range jumper. Among those who tried both AD2 and Propel there is almost 100% concensus that Propel is WAY better jumper than AD2. Just one piece of advice with Propel - out of 3 colour variants of Propel only the "Ghost edition" (the grey one) has the bumper! At least it was this way back in January ;)
Very good write up, thanks for info.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Coco, that was pretty lame.
Coco, that was pretty lame.
Correct to 100 balls, point is technology or carbon does not help average person who have low skill ability.

Billiards press exchanges writer writing hype for ad space. Buy ad for your next greatest, they will hype it with positive reviews.

Cigar Afacanido does same stuff with top 25 of year Cigars, always those who buy the 30k/page advertising.

Its called pay 4 play.

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Correct to 100 balls, point is technology or carbon does not help average person who have low skill ability.

Billiards press exchanges writer writing hype for ad space. Buy ad for your next greatest, they will hype it with positive reviews.

Cigar Afacanido does same stuff with top 25 of year Cigars, always those who buy the 30k/page advertising.

Its called pay 4 play.
I am not a fan of the carbon stuff.
The guy asked how the two compare.
Your diatribe is completely unnecessary
in this particular thread.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I am not a fan of Carbon, tried it couple of times. Said so what.

My point is Pool Press is like most press, Guns or pens for hire.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
Glad to see this thread... I've been considering a dedicated jumper and the AD2 was on the short list. Never been a fan of those crazy short hops and would want a jumper with reach.

RunEmOut08

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have not tried the AD, but the propel is fantastic!! I use it primary without the 3oz butt piece, but will add it on for a longer jump.

jshaw

Registered
What is wrong with your stick shaft? Bet nothing and you not running 100 balls with it in 14/1?

Carbon shaft is latest, greatest have to have gizmo pool press say is wonderful.

If pool press was not hyping new great stuff, they would have zero to right about.
BS. My 12.9 Revo plays better than any maple shaft I've used. I can move the cueball with less effort and make balls with more accuracy. Never going back.