Mezz EC7 -- EC7-R Cue Weight

HawksNest18

Hey Everyone,

I just received a new Mezz EC7 (EC7-R -- Rosewood) series pool cue. I thought others that might be interested in purchasing a cue in this series might want to know the weight specifications of this cue, since the weight option on the Mezz Cues USA website is 19.0 or 19.5 ounces. Please note, however, that the cues in the EC7 series are made out of different exotic woods, so the weight of each cue will likely be different among the different types of woods and also different from cue to cue for the same wood (wood is a natural product and each wood blank will have a different weight).

Also, note that the standard shaft that comes with an EC7 series cue is the WX700 shaft. I substituted a WX900 shaft, so I am providing the total weight with that particular shaft.

The following is the weight specifications for my Mezz EC7-R (Rosewood) with the Mezz United Joint:

EC7-R Butt without Weight Bolt: 14.00 ounces

WX900 Shaft (w/ Kamui Medium Tip) Weight: 3.60 ounces

Total Weight of EC7-R Butt (w/out weight bolt) + WX900 Shaft = 17.60 ounces

If you purchase the Mezz Butt Weight Bolt Cartridge Set (comes with 5 different weight bolts), then you can increase the weight of the cue by approximately 0.25, 0.5, 1.0, 1.5, or 2.0 ounces. Resulting in the following total weights of Cue Butt + Shaft (WX900) + Weight Bolt: 17.85 oz; 18.1 oz; 18.6 oz; 19.1 oz; and 19.6 oz.

I switched out the standard rubber butt cap for the Mezz X-Bumper, so I can attach the Mezz Cue Extension to the end of the cue. The above weights are with the standard Mezz bumper on the cue, which weighs 0.25 ounces. The Mezz X-Bumper weighs 0.30 ounces, so is slightly heavier than the standard bumper (i.e., X-Bumper is 0.05 ounces heavier than standard bumper).

The balance point of this cue with the WX900 shaft (and without a weight bolt) was at 19" from the outside edge of the rubber butt cap.

This cue looks great, and the finish quality was very high. The United Joint, as others have mentioned, has a very snug/tight fit. I'm used to a flat face 5/16x18 joint and Predator Quick Release Joint, and it takes a little getting used to that tight of a fit. However, it does feel very solid and good.

Hope this info is helpful to those in the market for the same cue.

Cezar Morales

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Everyone,

I just received a new Mezz EC7 (EC7-R -- Rosewood) series pool cue. I thought others that might be interested in purchasing a cue in this series might want to know the weight specifications of this cue, since the weight option on the Mezz Cues USA website is 19.0 or 19.5 ounces. Please note, however, that the cues in the EC7 series are made out of different exotic woods, so the weight of each cue will likely be different among the different types of woods and also different from cue to cue for the same wood (wood is a natural product and each wood blank will have a different weight).

Also, note that the standard shaft that comes with an EC7 series cue is the WX700 shaft. I substituted a WX900 shaft, so I am providing the total weight with that particular shaft.

The following is the weight specifications for my Mezz EC7-R (Rosewood) with the Mezz United Joint:

EC7-R Butt without Weight Bolt: 14.00 ounces

WX900 Shaft (w/ Kamui Medium Tip) Weight: 3.60 ounces

Total Weight of EC7-R Butt (w/out weight bolt) + WX900 Shaft = 17.60 ounces

If you purchase the Mezz Butt Weight Bolt Cartridge Set (comes with 5 different weight bolts), then you can increase the weight of the cue by approximately 0.25, 0.5, 1.0, 1.5, or 2.0 ounces. Resulting in the following total weights of Cue Butt + Shaft (WX900) + Weight Bolt: 17.85 oz; 18.1 oz; 18.6 oz; 19.1 oz; and 19.6 oz.

I switched out the standard rubber butt cap for the Mezz X-Bumper, so I can attach the Mezz Cue Extension to the end of the cue. The above weights are with the standard Mezz bumper on the cue, which weighs 0.25 ounces. The Mezz X-Bumper weighs 0.30 ounces, so is slightly heavier than the standard bumper (i.e., X-Bumper is 0.05 ounces heavier than standard bumper).

The balance point of this cue with the WX900 shaft (and without a weight bolt) was at 19" from the outside edge of the rubber butt cap.

This cue looks great, and the finish quality was very high. The United Joint, as others have mentioned, has a very snug/tight fit. I'm used to a flat face 5/16x18 joint and Predator Quick Release Joint, and it takes a little getting used to that tight of a fit. However, it does feel very solid and good.

Hope this info is helpful to those in the market for the same cue.

Mind posting some pics, i'm sure it's a beauty.

Enjoy ur new babe :)