Middle Extension

manopr350

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who can make me a 2” middle Extension in which the female side would be a 3/8-10 Flat Minor Thread and the male side would be a Radial Pin. I will be using Predator Z S Tuned Shafts.
The Newsheriff in town apparently is out of town as I am
unable to communicate with him.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who can make me a 2” middle Extension in which the female side would be a 3/8-10 Flat Minor Thread and the male side would be a Radial Pin. I will be using Predator Z S Tuned Shafts.
The Newsheriff in town apparently is out of town as I am
unable to communicate with him.

2 inch is tricky but the g10 radial would have to be modified. Figure you need at least 1 1/4 deep for the 3/8x10 depending on who built the cue. Then you have to deal with the length of the g10 screw.
Example on a uni loc QR pin. Hope this helps.

IMG_20190224_081141.jpg

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As Michael says, that`s tricky. The 3/8-10 side will have to be about 1.2" to 1.4" deep depending on the pin length, that leaves very little room to seat the Radial pin in the other end. If you could go up to a 3" length it would work, although you would have to cut of almost all of the threads on the Radial pin and pretty much rely on the epoxy bond. The regular Radial pin needs a 2.75" deep hole to be seated correctly, Ideally the hole needs to be 3" deep.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As Michael says, that`s tricky. The 3/8-10 side will have to be about 1.2" to 1.4" deep depending on the pin length, that leaves very little room to seat the Radial pin in the other end. If you could go up to a 3" length it would work, although you would have to cut of almost all of the threads on the Radial pin and pretty much rely on the epoxy bond. The regular Radial pin needs a 2.75" deep hole to be seated correctly, Ideally the hole needs to be 3" deep.

Thread the shank on the g10. Who says it has to stay radial.

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
OK, kinda confused..I re-read the original post multiple times and .....don't see anything mentioned by the OP about a G10 radial screw, just that the shaft side is a radial female and the butt has a 3/8x10 modified. depending on how long the 3/8x10 pin extends past the facing, make the hole in the extension deep enough, and then use a radial male all thread screw of the appropriate length on the opposite side and call it a day....or just order the shaft to match the butt
Dave

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OK, kinda confused..I re-read the original post multiple times and .....don't see anything mentioned by the OP about a G10 radial screw, just that the shaft side is a radial female and the butt has a 3/8x10 modified. depending on how long the 3/8x10 pin extends past the facing, make the hole in the extension deep enough, and then use a radial male all thread screw of the appropriate length on the opposite side and call it a day....or just order the shaft to match the butt
Dave

Great catch Dave.