Mika and Cory good strokes to copy?

H

Hogman

I was wondering whether the strokes of Mika Immonen and Cory Deuel are good models. When you look at these two players head-on, the shoulder, elbow, head, and left hand all look in perfect alignment, something that is particularly evident in Mika's set-up.

Are their any flaws or no-no's in these two player's techniques or are they good models?

T

thewolf

WELL.... I admit they have sound styles of play and awesome strokes... trying to copy a stroke is hard to do.. my opinion is whatever stroke is natural to u is probably gonna be ur best bet.. maybe if u work at copying very very very hard it may work.. look at bustamante?? is he fundamentaly sound?.... its his natural stroke and hours of practice.. but yea there strokes are very good if u were to copy any those r 2 very good picks:)

bruin70

don't wannabe M0DERATOR
Silver Member
i always get turned on when i watch mika play:):):). he is flawless and smooth.
cory,,,,i'm not familiar with.

i think eventually, you will emulate the player you feel connected to.

EL'nino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cory is the guy who put an 11 to O pounding on that sweet flawless stroke of Mika's in the finals of the US Open. As far as strokes go, I would say they both have about the most solid form in pool.

Joseph Cues

Cue Nut
Silver Member
EL'nino said:
Cory is the guy who put an 11 to O pounding on that sweet flawless stroke of Mika's in the finals of the US Open. As far as strokes go, I would say they both have about the most solid form in pool.
Kim Davenport holds that honor imo.

Zims Rack

Promoting the Cueing Arts
Silver Member
I watched the video of Cory and Mika's match at the US Open and I must agree that Cory did put on a spectacular display of concentration, fundamentals and pounded Mika! What kind of form can you have when your sitting in a chair though! haha!!

...Zim

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member

Buddy Hall has one of the sweetest strokes I have ever seen.

The player with the most powerful stroke in the game I would say is Earl. When he is on that stroke is pretty flawless and he can do pretty much anything he wants with that cueball.

Adanac67

Predator=Awesome
Silver Member
Steve Davis in his prime had a flawless stroke. Watch any old snooker matches if you want to see great strokes.

DoomCue

David J. Baranski
Silver Member
I would never copy his head alignment, but Neils Feijen has a beautiful stroke. And Bustamante's flowing stroke is nice to watch (but hard to mimic). I think the thing to learn from those we deem to be the most positive strikers of the ball is to be a positive striker. The actual methods, or characteristics of the methods, aren't that important. Allison Fisher is very mechanical, but she gets the job done. She doesn't have that beautiful flowing Busty stroke, but she is a positive striker.

Bluewolf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In a 'river runs through it', the two brothers were taught for years sound fundamentsl strokes for fly fishing. When they were grown, the younger had gone off on his own style. I think that happens in any sport.

IMO, from other sports, someone will go off on their oen style,become a champion and then everyone wants to copy them in what Fast Larry calles, the 'monksy see monkey do' method.

I do believe that these champions learned sound fundamentals first and then at some point went off on their own style.

I think it is super that this topic has come up on great players who have good fundamentals to follow.