Mike Durbin

ivicafranic

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This is a cue Mike is building for me and should be finished in 2or 3 monthsfrom now.Mike is a great guy to deal with and would suggest him to anyone.He will go all way thru to help you making your dreams alive.Also,he is very kind and helpfull and knowledgeable.
This is a part of our conversation when we were trying to make all specs for my cue and when he was suggested me a few changes to my ideas.

Do you like wood with lots of figure? If so, I have some Chechen or also called Caribbean Rosewood, that is outstanding!! I think it would be a nicer wood to compliment the Brazilian rosewood, but I think I would reverse it to make the Chechen forearm and BRW in the points and butsleeve as the MOP would stand out better...what do you think? You also called for a green veneer that was not dark. I have what is called a grass green that is very vibrant and is in the middle of the scale as far as darkness

Attachments

• forearm.jpg
    forearm.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 1,761
  • inlayed forearm.jpg
    inlayed forearm.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 1,449
  • inlayed butt.jpg
    inlayed butt.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 1,442
  • DURBIN finished.jpg
    DURBIN finished.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 733
Last edited:

mdavis228

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Looks like it'll be really nice. Look forward to seeing it finished w/ the inlays.

ivicafranic

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Cannot wait more updates photos and as soon I receive them I will post them.Tha's for sure

jolnar33

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
chechen wood

That chechen wood looks amazing! I have a longbow with chechen in the handle, I've always wondered how it would look in a cue. Congrats on a great cue from a great cue maker.

ivicafranic

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks for nice words on this beauty.Certainly you have right saying that Mike is a great person and looking forward to receive this cue from him,so can confirm that plays great too,although I have no any doubt this will be an excelent player since I know his cues play fantastic.

ivicafranic

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thank you all for compliments.Cue looks cool indeed and I am very happy with the way it is coming out.

ivicafranic

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
New updates

Finally pictures that show finished cue.I am more than satisfied with the final result and really enjoy having this beauty.
Hope that most of you would like it as well.

Attachments

• finished cue.jpg
    finished cue.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 329
Last edited:

ddadams

Absolutely love this cue.
Silver Member
A friend I play with here in Indy LOVES Mikes cues and has a few.
Finally played with one of his the other week and really liked it.

I don't think I got a true Durbin feeling though as he uses OB-2 shafts that kind of dampen the hit.

I also play with an extra hard and he plays with a super soft. Go figure.

But the workmanship was FANTASTIC. Honest to god. It really was a phenomenal cue. Build quality was too good for Mikes price range.

He's like Brent (BHQ) I guess, he just wants to give them away.

I'll definitely be buying one one day.

Thanks for sharing.

Edit,

I'm glad you took his advice on the forearm/point reversal.

Great choice.