Minnesota contingent does well in Virginia

Jimmorrison

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats to D.J. and J.E. for making the final 16 and going on to tie 5th! Another Minnesotan was one win away. Great showing, in a tough field. Results are in the news feed, here on AZB.

Tin Man

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thank you Jim!

Jesse did well beating Earl and Rodney as well as some other good players. I had a few good matches as well.

The other two (Burbul and Brekke) had super tough draws. Both played Aranas on the winner's side, and to qualify for the final 16 Brekke lost to Styer and Burbul lost to Sossei. Those were the toughest players left on the B side. Had they gotten a better draw both were playing well enough to run deep. But that's tournament pool.

We all had a good time and are looking forward to the next. Several will be at the TX Open and Burbul and Brekke will be at the International 9 ball open. Burbul and I will be at Matchroom's US Open so I have that to look forward to. Let's see how it goes!

Jimmorrison

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great respect for your level of play, and good luck going forward. Shoot well. Lots of good matches in this tournament. Aranas was really dialed in, with his break working so well, tough to beat.