Misses Begat Misses

Leigh

Registered
Thanks for the insight. I think I might be fairly middle of the road. Sometimes hard on myself and demanding but I have no doubts in my ability to improve. Maybe it’s a fighter mentality. That being said, after reading your post, I’m thinking that going through bouts of being hard on myself is just a form of self indulgence that distracts from what needs to be done.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the insight. I think I might be fairly middle of the road. Sometimes hard on myself and demanding but I have no doubts in my ability to improve. Maybe it’s a fighter mentality. That being said, after reading your post, I’m thinking that going through bouts of being hard on myself is just a form of self indulgence that distracts from what needs to be done.
Learning how to learn from your failures at the table takes a lot of discipline and practice! I knew a guy in a straight pool league who would come completely unglued anytime he screwed up a shot. First of all, he had no right to get so upset because he wasn't a pro calibre player. He should accept that as long as pool isn't a full time job he is going to make errors (and still would even if he were a pro).

Once you get into the mindset that mistakes are telling you something that you need to figure out, that's when you can make great strides. I find it particularly useful when I find a mistake that I make often. That shows there is some fundamental thing going wrong. Fixing that will likely fix a bunch of other problems, too.