Modified Valley Bar Box

prdryden

Registered
dynamo mod

I also just finished modifying my dynamo bar box. I did the shelf with 2 pieces of 3/8 thick lasercut steel (fit like a glove), epoxy, then bondo. (worked out well). I just took the picture and was about to post it when I saw your posting. I also put on the diamond k55 rubber on extended rails and it actually plays similar to a diamond, except louder (cavity below is like a big speaker box). Cloth installed is simonis 760. A lot of people think it's crazy, but really wasn't that difficult or time consuming to complete.

Attachments

• P1010026.jpg
    P1010026.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 829
  • P1010025.jpg
    P1010025.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 803
  • P1010027.jpg
    P1010027.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 825

mm4pool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
nice jobs guys

nice job guys, i may have to rethink selling my dynamo now!

Mike

prdryden

Registered
modified rail strip

what exactly does the ridge (strip) on the back of the rails do? It's the one thing I didn't do to my dynamo.

The Turk

A Level Above Pool Tables
Silver Member
Great stuff! This could be a nice direction to go as a mechanic. A lot of these league players are starting to demand a better table!

kyther

Registered
It makes the rail more solid. I believe the balls rebound a little better, and you get less of the "thunk" sound common to Valleys. There's a guy on here that sells them made that way. They are called Ridgeback Rails. They also have a little notch on the bottom of the rail by the side pockets for the cloth space if you fold the sides over so the rail doesn't sit higher by the sides.

Also, the ridge prevents the t-nut from pulling the void in the back of the rail up to the cabinet and then splitting the wood. The center ridge seats against the cabinet when the rail bolts are tightened. You can view pictures of the ridge and the side pocket relief cut on our web site and it will make more sense than me trying to explain it.

Thanks, Kerry
ridgebackrails.com

P.S. Very nice mods on your tables!!!

Last edited:

LCCS

Silver Member
Valley

A valley is made to swallow the ball. A diamond is totally different. The slate shelf is the best way to tighten the pockets on a Valley.
LCCS

prdryden

Registered
soundproofing

to quiet my table down I laid felt into the gutters with staples (makes them totally quiet and lined the middle trough with 1/8" thick x 8" wide clear plastic used for doorways (vertical see-thru slats in doorways) stapled in. That's as far as I got- a quick fix and no noise up to the ball separator (which still rattles)