Monday Night Dilemma

BeastBilliards

I was wondering if I could get some help with an issue I am having on Monday nights. I have a pool room of 15 Diamond Pro-Am tables, a full kitchen, and a full bar. Monday nights are almost dead for us. I have tried several ways to get customers in on Monday but I have not figured out what will get pool players and others in on Mondays. We are busy throughout the rest of the week but Monday has been almost impossible to crack.
I was wondering if any of you have the same issue or have figured out what is best to get your customers in on Mondays.
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was wondering if I could get some help with an issue I am having on Monday nights. I have a pool room of 15 Diamond Pro-Am tables, a full kitchen, and a full bar. Monday nights are almost dead for us. I have tried several ways to get customers in on Monday but I have not figured out what will get pool players and others in on Mondays. We are busy throughout the rest of the week but Monday has been almost impossible to crack.
I was wondering if any of you have the same issue or have figured out what is best to get your customers in on Mondays.
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
Monday night is our weekly handicap 9-ball tournament and is one of our busiest nights of the week. If you already have a similar tournament on another night, consider trying out an alternate possible tournament format you could run on Mondays to see how it goes, maybe a doubles tournament.

muskyed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are two Monday night three person team leagues by me. Both places have 8 tables and both are full. I play on one of them and ea person plays 6 games. I don't come from a big metropolitan area, but some league members are traveling up to 40 miles away or so to go to league. Some are also shooting up to 4 leagues a week. We shoot a 3 person and a two person. Monday is just another night. Both leagues are very well run.

Last edited:

MmmSharp

Nudge is as good as a wink to a blind bat.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Our hall has a monday night league for handicapped bca singles. They play two differnet playerd sets 5, ball count. 40 person league from bca 3-7 handicaps. One of the busiest nights. Too busy for me, i like the quieter leagues.

NYC

A Monday night first responders only pool league. Run some refreshment drink/food specials. Some Facebook posting to the 1st responder groups in your area for a week or 2 before you start it up and see if there is enough interest to make it happen.

Terry Aeschliman

Terry Aeschliman
Gold Member
Silver Member
An in-house league should bring the players. If most of your current leagues are handicapped, make Mondays scratch or Valley/BCA. Start with 3 man teams and work up to 5 man.