Morikami Clear Medium OB1 shaft

squawk75

I have recently gone tip happy on my collarless OB1 shaft mated to a Schmelke SCHM02 cocobolo sneaky pete.
I started with the stock Tiger Everest, but because of miscuing that cost me some games, I cut it off.
Then installed a Kamui Black soft.The tip produced an abundance of spin. Although I was able to draw so easily, I didn't like that it felt spongy when letting my stroke out. It did mushroom and glaze over, so after three weeks it was cut off.
Triangle tip that I had lying around was installed next. It was great. The action was great. The stiff hit was exactly what I was looking for, but I had $13 burning in my pocket and I was browsing eBay for tips. Three days later I recieved a Morikami Clear Medium in the mail. I'm pretty sure they get alot of flack for seeming to be a "Kamui Rip-Off", but I don't care.
I almost regret cutting off the triangle during installation of the new Morikami. I install by hand w/ a box cutter and several grades of sand paper and a shaping tool. What a pain in the booty it is to install! It's well worth it though.
After taking two layers off and a couple of weeks of playtime, the medium hit is similar to that of a Triangle. I haven't miscued on any strong english shots, although I have been chalking more often. I've been getting alot of draw, but I have been practicing better stroke. In the month I've had it installed it hasn't mushroomed or glazed over. It has become my favorite tip. I'll probably keep it on for a couple of months. And next time I'll pay someone to install.

Lou Bones

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have recently gone tip happy on my collarless OB1 shaft mated to a Schmelke SCHM02 cocobolo sneaky pete.
I started with the stock Tiger Everest, but because of miscuing that cost me some games, I cut it off.
Then installed a Kamui Black soft.The tip produced an abundance of spin. Although I was able to draw so easily, I didn't like that it felt spongy when letting my stroke out. It did mushroom and glaze over, so after three weeks it was cut off.
Triangle tip that I had lying around was installed next. It was great. The action was great. The stiff hit was exactly what I was looking for, but I had $13 burning in my pocket and I was browsing eBay for tips. Three days later I recieved a Morikami Clear Medium in the mail. I'm pretty sure they get alot of flack for seeming to be a "Kamui Rip-Off", but I don't care.
I almost regret cutting off the triangle during installation of the new Morikami. I install by hand w/ a box cutter and several grades of sand paper and a shaping tool. What a pain in the booty it is to install! It's well worth it though.
After taking two layers off and a couple of weeks of playtime, the medium hit is similar to that of a Triangle. I haven't miscued on any strong english shots, although I have been chalking more often. I've been getting alot of draw, but I have been practicing better stroke. In the month I've had it installed it hasn't mushroomed or glazed over. It has become my favorite tip. I'll probably keep it on for a couple of months. And next time I'll pay someone to install.

Thanks for posting this. I personally don't know anything about Morikami tips, but if you like it, that's all that matters. I also have an OB shaft, though a different one than yours, and I had a Kamui Clear Black Soft installed on it. I just played with it for the first time last night. I want to play with it some more before I post an opinion about it. In the past, I've played with Everest tips quite a lot and still have one on my McDermott g-core shaft. I've read a lot of negative things about them, but I've never had a problem with them. I just wanted a change and wanted to try a Kamui tip, so I'm doing so.

Glad you found a tip you like.