I have been watching the Mosconi Cup on TV (I wish they wouldn't show the first of it multiple times and not the rest of it), and the Americans have won it 10 out of 12 times. Seems almost unbelievable with all the current great players in Europe currently and the last few years.
I do think part of the USA success has to be attributed to Johnny Archer, his playing and leadership in the series. Earl, also, has been a undenieble factor in our success also. I watched Earl and Rodney play a doubles match, and they looked like Bonzo and Bozo playing togehter, although it was mentioned that it was uncharacteristic for them as a team.
They are playing together in the upcoming World Cup of Pool, although I find it hard to grasp that a World Cup of anything can be held with just 2 man teams. There will be many great players there playing though.
I always thought that Steve Davis was a weak link for the European team, and that his 9 ball game was not as high a level as other European players. Of course, it can also be argued, for some years at least, that Charlie Williams was a weak link for the USA.
In 2002 that they show the Europeans winning, a disgruntled Earl, in the foreground, grabs a 6 ball and sets up obviously a missed ball from an earlier match. Anyone remember that missed ball in the match?
Am I wrong, or didn't Kim Davenport play on the Mosconi Team a few years?
Is the Trophy a revolving one that transfers back and forth each year, OR a new one each year? And where is it kept for each team if won? Are the team members names engraved on it?
If Earl & Rodney win the World Cup of Pool, is it's trophy kept the same place as the Mosconi Cup?
I do think part of the USA success has to be attributed to Johnny Archer, his playing and leadership in the series. Earl, also, has been a undenieble factor in our success also. I watched Earl and Rodney play a doubles match, and they looked like Bonzo and Bozo playing togehter, although it was mentioned that it was uncharacteristic for them as a team.
They are playing together in the upcoming World Cup of Pool, although I find it hard to grasp that a World Cup of anything can be held with just 2 man teams. There will be many great players there playing though.
I always thought that Steve Davis was a weak link for the European team, and that his 9 ball game was not as high a level as other European players. Of course, it can also be argued, for some years at least, that Charlie Williams was a weak link for the USA.
In 2002 that they show the Europeans winning, a disgruntled Earl, in the foreground, grabs a 6 ball and sets up obviously a missed ball from an earlier match. Anyone remember that missed ball in the match?
Am I wrong, or didn't Kim Davenport play on the Mosconi Team a few years?
Is the Trophy a revolving one that transfers back and forth each year, OR a new one each year? And where is it kept for each team if won? Are the team members names engraved on it?
If Earl & Rodney win the World Cup of Pool, is it's trophy kept the same place as the Mosconi Cup?