Mosconi Cup 2019 Day 1 (25 Nov) and Lineup

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How is that even possible in a 2 team competition???

When your down 5-0 or 4-1 your so far behind it’s damn near impossible to come back. Watch some old Mcups and you’ll have a better understanding. Mathematically no team has officially lost on Day 1 but for a practical matter it’s possible to lose on Day 1.

The biggest factor is team chemistry is bad after losing 5-0 or 4-1 on day one, it’s not like being down 5-0 in a heads up race to 11. The team aspect makes it a much more complex dynamic to over come.

I’ve been in the players room for both sides at many many mcups. This post isn’t just a rail birds opinion!

While I’m not a player I have been as close as possible to everything Mcup possible as person for about 8 of them give or take. To be clear I never had a 1% chance of ever being on the team-I don’t play that good. I’ve just been around a long time and was lucky enough to know the right people to get that privilege.

Best,
Fatboy

Last edited:

Pacecar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
FYI / advice - I posted this last year. The biggest hurdle I faced was canceling the subscription after the pool event was over. The HELP/CHAT feature was the reliable way to cancel. The DAZN stream is a good value for the Mosconi event.

"The DAZN streaming of the US Open 9 ball was a good buy for the $20 month subscription.
After the event was over, I tried to cancel my subscription for automatic future monthly billing. The "Confirm Cancelation" button wouldn't work. Found out that the reliable way to cancel was to use the HELP feature to access CHAT. Only then would they cancel."

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
FYI / advice - I posted this last year. The biggest hurdle I faced was canceling the subscription after the pool event was over. The HELP/CHAT feature was the reliable way to cancel. The DAZN stream is a good value for the Mosconi event.

"The DAZN streaming of the US Open 9 ball was a good buy for the $20 month subscription.
After the event was over, I tried to cancel my subscription for automatic future monthly billing. The "Confirm Cancelation" button wouldn't work. Found out that the reliable way to cancel was to use the HELP feature to access CHAT. Only then would they cancel."

Thanks I dont remember how i cancelled last year but it was trouble free.

Gonna put a reminder on my google calendar now for 28 days or so..

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Go to DAZN.com https://watch.dazn.com/en-US/sports/ and sign up. No more free trials so the best you can do is pay for a month at $19.99 then cancel. It's a shame that we cannot watch this for free like years in the past.

Do you know if the MC will show up for free pre-recorded at youtube?
Last year I couldnt watch it live but saw most of it recorded, I think they had it available the day after matches were live

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They did get a raise this year - winners get $30k each, losers get $15k. It was 20 and 10 previously.

Shows how much attention I’ve paid.

That’s great! Good for them. Long over due.

Thx very much for telling me,

Best
Fatboy <——-not the brightest bulb on the tree 🎄

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
I don't know what to say to someone who feels 20$ to watch the Cup is in the least bit out of line...:confused:

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know what to say to someone who feels 20$ to watch the Cup is in the least bit out of line...:confused:

It’s not the $20. That’s the least of the real issue. Maybe you don’t know me.

My beef has been the players getting the short end of the deal when they are the stars of the show. For many many years they have been short changed by promoter after promoter. Because they have no organization or union or representation they have been whored out over and over for decades. Supporting promoters who short the players is the issue. Not the superficial $20

Now you know.

I’m happy the players are getting paid more this year. They got a cut in pay a few years back from Matchroom. Don’t forget that.

Fatboy

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
It’s not the $20. That’s the least of the real issue. Maybe you don’t know me.

My beef has been the players getting the short end of the deal when they are the stars of the show. For many many years they have been short changed by promoter after promoter. Because they have no organization or union or representation they have been whored out over and over for decades. Supporting promoters who short the players is the issue. Not the superficial $20

Now you know.

I’m happy the players are getting paid more this year. They got a cut in pay a few years back from Matchroom. Don’t forget that.

Fatboy

Sorry for the confusion. I completely agree with your sentiments here!

My reply was directed at this post;
Go to DAZN.com https://watch.dazn.com/en-US/sports/ and sign up. No more free trials so the best you can do is pay for a month at $19.99 then cancel. It's a shame that we cannot watch this for free like years in the past.

Last edited:

BJTyler747

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When your down 5-0 or 4-1 your so far behind it’s damn near impossible to come back. Watch some old Mcups and you’ll have a better understanding. Mathematically no team has officially lost on Day 1 but for a practical matter it’s possible to lose on Day 1.

The biggest factor is team chemistry is bad after losing 5-0 or 4-1 on day one, it’s not like being down 5-0 in a heads up race to 11. The team aspect makes it a much more complex dynamic to over come.

I’ve been in the players room for both sides at many many mcups. This post isn’t just a rail birds opinion!

While I’m not a player I have been as close as possible to everything Mcup possible as person for about 8 of them give or take. To be clear I never had a 1% chance of ever being on the team-I don’t play that good. I’ve just been around a long time and was lucky enough to know the right people to get that privilege.

Best,
Fatboy

If one teams ends the day with x% probability of winning, then the other team must have x% chance of losing. Therefore, if you can lose it on day 1 then you must be able to win it on day 1.

Dave-Kat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm all over the place trying to find free stream. I have never paid for Cup. Not that I am cheap :shrug:

Any help appreciated,

-Kat,

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jesus christ. just buy the stream, it's hd, not expensive, and you support the event promotors of the sport you love

Dave-Kat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks GX That link looks shady to me wanting CC info but NOT charging ? Whats up with that ?