Mother Drills

Coos Cues

Coos Cues
I've been in the game for over 60 years and have never heard the term mother drills.
Maybe I know the drill but not by that name.
Anyone have a diagram?
There is no one diagram, it's a series of drills they have put together feeling what they selected will cover all the bases.

There is nothing particularly unique about them other than maybe the compilation and order. They are similar to most drills. Long, arduous and boring as hell.

If I recall correctly Scott made me agree not to share them before giving them to me during our time together.

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Mother Drills and SPF have nothing to do with the origin of this thread. It was a ill conceived way of slamming a respected instructor long after he was dead. Let Scott rest in peace.

Monitors please consider the history of the OP. This thread belongs in the trash heap of history.

Reactions: bbb

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The Mother Drills and SPF have nothing to do with the origin of this thread. It was a ill conceived way of slamming a respected instructor long after he was dead. Let Scott rest in peace.

Monitors please consider the history of the OP. This thread belongs in the trash heap of history.
When I hear Mother Drills I immediately relate/think about Scott. I loved him. He was in a class of his own. He was a true master instructor. RIP

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏
(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)
did i say i agree?

tableroll

Rolling Thunder
Silver Member
I like the mother drills. I have watched drills on U tube but the mother drills "drill" the fundamentals into your subconscious. It takes a lot of repetition to get them in there, like any other thing you want to make second nature. It may take two months or longer to burn them in. But after that you are in pool heaven. You will enjoy the game a lot more by not getting frustrated so much.

Reactions: bbb

Coos Cues

Coos Cues
I have the entire video of the first time I met Scott and the lesson of the day. Now that he has passed on would it be in poor taste to upload it and share what he taught? Would this be offensive to other SPF instructors? I think if anything it might garner interest in the methods.

WobblyStroke

I have the entire video of the first time I met Scott and the lesson of the day. Now that he has passed on would it be in poor taste to upload it and share what he taught? Would this be offensive to other SPF instructors? I think if anything it might garner interest in the methods.
def sould not upload imo... as interested as I am to see them after Tableroll's endorsement.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
def sould not upload imo... as interested as I am to see them after Tableroll's endorsement.
i also do not think you should upload it.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
That first lesson was a beautiful thing. No idea what was coming. It made pool more fun/interesting. Offensive to SPF instructors? I think Randy G. would be the person to ask. He was very tight with Scott.

Last edited: