Moving to Venice Fl

td1223

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In a few months I will be moving to venice florida and I'm looking for a league or two to join. I'm interested in USAPL as well as APA. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Phil

In a few months I will be moving to venice florida and I'm looking for a league or two to join. I'm interested in USAPL as well as APA. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Phil
I live there and had joined a BCA league 2 years ago, but couldn't handle the smoke in the bars and quit after one session. Give me your private email and I will forward infomation to you as well as how to contact me when you get to Venice.. You will love Venice. Did you buy a home there?

axejunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's a bit of a trip but Veterans in Port Charlotte is smoke free and has 9 footers. Cool place to play. Not sure what the league scene is there so you'd have to look into it.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am in Naples- plan to check out this Veterans Billiards- I did not know about it till now- Thanks! Easy drive up 75- do you know what kind of 9 footers- the photos on line do not reveal the table brands?

axejunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am in Naples- plan to check out this Veterans Billiards- I did not know about it till now- Thanks! Easy drive up 75- do you know what kind of 9 footers- the photos on line do not reveal the table brands?
I played there once, believe they have Gandys with one or two which have tightened pockets. The location is in a warehouse district so it's easy to miss. But give it a shot as it's a good place to try out.

Edit: I see two brands of tables; not sure what make the lighter color ones are.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes I see that on the internet, I do hope the Gandys have tightened pockets the originals are just too loose. I see the lighter colored tables- not sure of that brand.