Muecci vs Muecci Original

Needing weight

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Muecci vs Muecci Original

What is the difference?

Are the Non Originals made in china or are the Originals limited production?

Or is it the date of production?

DallasHopps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Typically date dependent, but I believe there have been some instances recently of the old "originals" logo being used on new production cues.

Tim

The Meucci originals started in 75-76 until 1990 roughly. A lot of the early Meucci cues had a brass pin and 13.25 mm tips. Then around 1990 up to current they read Meucci. To my knowledge they are still made at the Meucci plant in Ms. Meucci had a line of Chineese made cues called Medici that didn't last long. That kinda raps up the story in a nutshell, hope this helps.

Tim

Last edited:

OTB

I DIDN'T DO IT!!!!
Silver Member
Anything built after 91 has been junk mostly, no QC what so ever.....My opinion.:(

Methodman201

@gmail.com
Silver Member
The Meucci originals started in 75-76 until 1990 roughly. A lot of the early Meucci cues had a brass pin and 13.25 mm tips. Then around 1990 up to current they read Meucci. To my knowledge they are still made at the Meucci plant in Ms. Meucci had a line of Chineese made cues called Medici that didn't last long. That kinda raps up there story in a nutshell, hope this helps.

Tim
Boom. Right on the money. Pass the plant every now and again back and fourth on the path of life. The Originals have a way about the hit. Clean.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
If you are lucky enough to find a Meucci Original with .830" or larger joint with birdseye and points and close to a 13mm shaft you will have a solid playing cue. Stay away from the tiny diameter joints and shafts as they get whippy. Those cues ruled the pro tour for many years.

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So do the Originals actually say "Muecci Original" on them?

Yes...Meucci Originals usually have the Meucci Original stamp. There are new Meucci Originals being made, but they are not made like the old ones from the 1970' and 1980's. One way you can tell is to check under the rubber bumper.

I've played with the two point Meucci Originals that Meuller sells and they hit real nice. I think they are a great deal for $299, and a nice case is included.

jburkm002

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a local cue shop I got to for tips and stuff. He sells all kinds of cues and use to sell Meucci. He said he stopped selling them because he had to keep sending them back for various issues. Guess QC may not be their strong point. I have an older Meuccie and love it. I have one red dot shaft for it and would love to get another but just scared to get anything from them. Always looking for players with original stuff to sell or trade.