My balls are lemony fresh. Should I worry?

I Got Lucky

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Brand new set of Aramith premium balls in my favorite bar and the bargirl rubbed them down in a rag sprayed with lemon pledge. Is this OK?
 
Probably not the best stuff to use. I think Pledge has silicone in it. I would politely recommend a proper pool ball cleaning solution, explaining Pledge is designed for polishing furniture and not pool balls. I use Tiger's Le Manifik Ball Cleaner in my home made ball cleaner and it works great. If polishes the balls to a mirror finish but they aren't slick. I would imagine the balls slide a lot with the Pledge on them.
 
It won't damage the balls, but they will slide all over the table for sure!!!
I used to pledge my cueballs when practicing trickshots (masse and power stroke specifically)
It does come off rather easy though, just use a wet rag with a light soap, hand wash, rinse, and dry
and they will be back to normal.
 
Pledge actually creates a buildup on any surface it's used on. It's a 'coating', not a cleaner. I'd go back and start over with a cleaner, rather than something that will leave a coating on the balls.
 
Back
Top