My brand new Skip Weston

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
I haven't had a cue that I used regularly for a long time. I think partly because I have so many options available to me, I constantly change cues. I am going to try and keep this for a few months and see what happens... anyone who knows me is saying "yeah, ok".
534_fore_lo.jpg
534_butt_lo.jpg

If you want to see larger images go to the www.classiccues.com home page and go to new cues and its listed there.

Thanks..

Joe

FAST_N_LOOSE

<--THE AMAZING JESSE JANE
Silver Member
AWESOME WESTON CUE

I GOT THE CHANCE TO SEE THIS WESTON CUE IN PERSON, AND BELIEVE ME THE SCANS DO NO JUSTICE FOR THIS CUES' BEAUTY. I KNOW EVERYONE SAYS "IT LOOKS BETTER IN PERSON THAN IN PICTURES", BUT THIS TIME IT'S TRUE, AND THE CUE ISN'T EVEN MINE. YOU CAN NOT SEE PERFECTION IN SCANS. I LOOKED OVER THIS CUE CLOSELY AND I CAN SAY IT WAS DONE PERFECTLY. ON TOP OF THE COSMETICS, IT PLAYS GREAT AS WELL. I CAN ALSO SAY THAT GREAT PLAYING CHARACHTERISTICS, COME STANDARD WITH SKIPS' CUES. THE ONE HE BUILT FOR ME IS ALSO FLAWLESS AND PLAYS "JAM UP". IT'S NICE TO SEE THAT THERE ARE STILL A FEW CUEMAKERS THAT CARE ABOUT THE CRAFT, AND AREN'T JUST BUILDING "DECORATED WOOD".

deadstroke32

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hay u sound like me .If i hold on a cue long then a year .There is something wrong. But when i get a new cue i go nuts trying to get my game back.And it takes me a year and a life time..
very nice by the way ..

FAST_N_LOOSE

Silver Member
MY CUE

I FIGURED SINCE I MENTIONED MY CUE THAT I SHOULD POSTS SOME PICS. LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK.

Last edited:

FAST_N_LOOSE

Silver Member
BUTT SLEEVE

HERE IS THE BUTT SLEEVE OF MY CUE. I CAN ONLY FIGURE OUT HOW TO ADD 1 PIC AT A TIME.

Last edited:

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
FAST_N_LOOSE,

Sweet cue and don't worry about the image uploading. One picture at a time is all you can do.

Regards,
Koop

LC3

Playing the table
Silver Member
Re: AWESOME WESTON CUE

FAST_N_LOOSE said:
I KNOW EVERYONE SAYS "IT LOOKS BETTER IN PERSON THAN IN PICTURES", BUT THIS TIME IT'S TRUE...
Funny this came up, because today at a pro shop I realized that that's probably true in general. For example, I had thought Coker's ringwork on the cues I've seen on the Web looked too blocky; but the cues I saw today in person had the same ringwork, and it looked great (I really like the looks of Coker cues when seeing them in person). Some woodgrain also looks different in Web images than in person. The pro shop also had a Capone that looks exactly like one I've seen on the Web, and seeing it in person gave me a very different impression of the cue.

Zims Rack

Promoting the Cueing Arts
Silver Member
LC and FAST N LOOSE- I must agree with you 100%. I've seen pretty much EVERY cue that is displayed on www.onthehill.net in person and photos just doesn't do them justice. Cues look much different in person, either better or worse depends.

Zim

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
One of the advantages I have is that I can see just about every Skip from beginning to end. I also know Skip as well as anyone on the planet and I will say, as a pool player, as a machinist, as a cuebuilder, he is driven to be the best. He shot with the greats in the NJ area from Colavita to Ruocco and so on, and beat a bunch of them. As a machinist he is still considered one of the best mold finishers, machinists, in the tri-state area, as well as one of the best jig makers I have ever met. As an machine designer myself, I have never met a machinist with his technical and design prowess.
Back to cues.. he hit with a South West a few weeks ago and thought it was nice. He is currently going to make a cue or two with the taper that a SW has just on an experimental basis. He also, after much prodding, is going to do some 6 pointers. All of which are in the forearm blank stage. Now we like tradition, 4 points, ebony etc.. which is why in new cues we are very selective on what cues we deal, Mottey and Weston fit that mold.
I probably sell more Skips than anyone, I can say that his cues are among the best fit and finish wise. (One reason why we sell them) Playability is subjective but its right in that Szamboti/Bushka/Mottey mold. Because of his shaft taper and the "blend" in the shaft IMHO you get a little more cueball action/movement even on a steel jointed cue. He worked as long on the shaft taper as he did in his forearm construction and it shows. I won't get into his blanks, or forearms, you can go to his site and read about them. But I have seen very few veneered blanks that are even close to his. (4 pointers)
If anyone wants to meet Skip he is at the Crown Billiards tourney about every Thurdays. Where he is a +5, highest handi-cap possible, and has won the tourney at that spot. He would be more than happy to talk or shoot with anyone that shows.

Joe

Snookered

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm the proud owner of the 3rd cue from the top
(To Joe Van: sorry for using the pic from your site). The cue hit great and the skip's taper suited me. My business partner decided to trade his Ed Young with one of them after trying my cue(Joe: sounded familiar?? :D ).

I really admired his points and finishing works(i owed lots of other cues, sruggs, blacks, etc), his works are one of the best out there.

new_cues_lo.jpg

BTW. Skip is really a nice guy to work with. :)