My cue collection + old digital camera

lord_shar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I decided to play around with my old canon 4 mega pixel ditigal camera just to see what sort of results I'd get. Conclusion: It needs a better flash!

My collection is actually just a hodge-podge of playing cues I've acquired over the years. The Meucci was a highschool graduation from my parents. The Schon CX-61 was its successor and picked up Jan 2005. The Gilbert was ordered less than 4 months later and arrived this past November.

3Cues_whole-1024x600.jpg

3Cues_front_slanted-1024x768.jpg

3Cues_forearms-1024x500.jpg

3Cues_bottom-900x700.jpg

bruin70

don't wannabe M0DERATOR
Silver Member
you don't need a better flash,,,,you need better overall lighting.

any flash you use will give you that "light to dark" lighting because flash will always make the closest object very bright and it has limited range. flash is NOT the way to go. i use a 4mp camera.

lord_shar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All my room lights are standard incandescent... time to upgrade to fluorecent or better!

Jeffrey Gale

My WoW stick.
Silver Member
Love the Gilbert, I remember when you first posted photos of that cue. Beautiful cue. Andy does some great work, and your cue is a good example of what he does best. :D

bruin70

don't wannabe M0DERATOR
Silver Member
lord_shar said:
All my room lights are standard incandescent... time to upgrade to fluorecent or better!

if you have a manual white balance feature on your camera, you don't need to change your lighting(to get good color) unless you want something more manageable.

lord_shar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jeffrey Gayle said:
Love the Gilbert, I remember when you first posted photos of that cue. Beautiful cue. Andy does some great work, and your cue is a good example of what he does best. :D

Thanks again for the cue compliments. I am sooooooo tempted to have Andy make a fancy 4-point Gus style jump/break cue to match the Isis cue. :)

bruin70 said:
if you have a manual white balance feature on your camera, you don't need to change your lighting(to get good color) unless you want something more manageable.

My camera is an older Canon S200. I don't know if it has lighting or white balance adjustments available (I only know how to point + shoot!).

lord_shar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
bruin70 said:
your s200 DOES have custon white balance.

but for $350, you can get an awesome sd500, that is 7 megapixel and any adjustment you'll ever need. it is a continuation of the elph line of small cameras, so it might fit into what you like

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2005_reviews/sd500.html

Looks like I'll have to read the manuals. :) I've actually been considering buying that SD500. It has very fast onboard memory, so pictures rarely ever come out blurred (according to my co-worker who has one).