My experience with Schmelke

FunChamp

I also ordered the M81 a few years ago. The joint was a bit off, air bubbles in the urethane and the wrap was frayed and looked like a cotton ball.

TheLoneSilencer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some of you need to get a clue. If you offer a product or service to a customer & agree to specifics on an order, the customer has every right to expect to get everything they paid for to their satisfaction regardless of the price point period.

hejests

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have schmelke butt that I use with a pechauer rogue shaft. The butt is one piece of bocote. It's nicely figured, straight and the 3/8x10 pin is straight and centered. That's about all I was expecting with the purchase for the price and very happy with what I received.

The finish was fine, but I like the feel of a CA finish and refinished it myself when I received it.

In fairness, the style of butt I purchased had very little that could go wrong with it (no wrap, no points, no rings, no inlays).

Like anything else in life, you need to know what you're buying and have reasonable expectations as far as value and quality based on what you're willing to spend.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone on a budget for a wrapless cue that has fairly simple tastes and reasonable expectations given the lowish price.

Das Cue-Boot

I bought a semi custom break cue from Schmelke. When I asked about changing one of the woods from bocote to goncalvo alves, which is heavier, harder and stronger, they offered to do that at no additional cost. Cue hits like a ton of bricks with a hard Ultraskin break tip. It is wonderful looking with the purpleheart and very clear goncalvo alves contrast. They told me 8 weeks, but had it on my doorstep in about 6. Very happy dealing with them and with the cue.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
i find a ton of feathers will hit the same as a ton of bricks. just wont fall as fast off the russian depart windows.