My infographic on the complexity of a billiard shot

JeremiahGage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
interactions_70abc966-09df-4185-81ff-b9ea9898f76d_grande.png

These are just the effects from your body movement, so the diagram doesn't include equipment effects like type of tip, shaft deflection, cleanliness of ball, etc.

Last edited:

jeffj2h

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great graphic! I tried to spot an obvious error but don't see any. You are obviously adept at PowerPoint.

If you are a student of how to clearly convey detailed information in a concise format, check out Minard's graphic of Napoleon's invasion and retreat from Russia in 1813:

From Wikipedia: "It displays six types of data in two dimensions: the number of Napoleon's troops; the distance traveled; temperature; latitude and longitude; direction of travel; and location relative to specific dates."

Attachments

• minard-odt.jpg
    minard-odt.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 359

Thomas McKane

Lifelong student of one p
Silver Member
I'm pretty sure that learning to play billiards well is far harder than invading Russia (even during the winter), and I wonder if the two graphics can be combined in such a way to show that.:wink:

Great graphic! I tried to spot an obvious error but don't see any. You are obviously adept at PowerPoint.

If you are a student of how to clearly convey detailed information in a concise format, check out Minard's graphic of Napoleon's invasion and retreat from Russia in 1813:

From Wikipedia: "It displays six types of data in two dimensions: the number of Napoleon's troops; the distance traveled; temperature; latitude and longitude; direction of travel; and location relative to specific dates."

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
interactions_70abc966-09df-4185-81ff-b9ea9898f76d_grande.png

These are just the effects from your body movement, so the diagram doesn't include equipment effects like type of tip, shaft deflection, cleanliness of ball, etc.

Very nicely done. I put one like that in my book, to show the process of developing memory.

Attachments

• memory function sm.jpg
    memory function sm.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 217