my Lucasi Hybrid "arts and crafts" project

All4Moose

Moose
Silver Member
a few months back a friend of mine and I were discussing designs for cues we would use in low key "action" bars and whatnot. everyone in the world has sneaky petes, so we were throwing out different ideas on what we would do. anyway to make a long story short, I said repaint a cue, put decals all over it and wrap the handle up with masking tape. It was a comical conversation as you can imagine and never in a million years did I ever plan on actually getting around to doing something like it.

well about a week ago I was clearing out my cue collection and came across a lucasi hybrid that I had bought and used while in Iraq. having nothing else to do for the weekend I figured I would give my old project idea a "Collage Try" and see what would happen. I took pics along the way to show everyone what the progress was and hopefully you can enjoy it as much as I did.

I used a basic metallic rattle can for the base paint after lightly sanding down the clearcoat on the cue. Afterwords, I used a couple of light coats of clearcoat to even it out. I currently do not have access to a lathe so I made due with what I have. For the Decals, I wanted to try and see If temporary Tattoos would work, and in this case they did a great job! If/when I decide to do this again, I have some good Ideas for a theme. Anyway, the project Isn't finished yet, I still need to look into what to use for a finishing coat to seal it and I'm undecidedwhat I should do to replace the wrap. I highly encourage feedback on this, As I want to get better and maybe in the near future actually build my first cue from the ground up!
Sean

Attachments

• beginning1.jpg
    beginning1.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 317
  • paint3.jpg
    paint3.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 321
  • painting 1.jpg
    painting 1.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 307
  • finish.jpg
    finish.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 311
  • beginning3.jpg
    beginning3.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 318

All4Moose

Moose
Silver Member
more pics

more pics....

Attachments

• finish2.jpg
    finish2.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 292
  • finish 3.jpg
    finish 3.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 288
  • finish4.jpg
    finish4.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 317
  • painting 1.jpg
    painting 1.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 290
  • sofar.jpg
    sofar.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 298

All4Moose

Moose
Silver Member
RRICH1-
If you are saying that its ugly, and laughable and only a sucker would play with one,.... that was the idea. I wanted something that actually plays well, but looks like a grom would use. so thankyou!