My Mezz cue!

chenjy9

Not sure why my phone won't attach pics to this site (says they are too big), but I somehow can with my PC, but here we go. I got my Mezz EC7-ES with the Sigma shaft last Tuesday and have been absolutely in love with it. I don't know if it's the LD type shaft or the Kamui tip or the Unified joint, but it just feels so nice playing with it. My McDermott E-F3 with its maple shaft of 15+ years will always have a special place in my heart, but I am really having a good time with the Mezz.

I ultimately went with the EC7-ES over the EC9-K because I disliked the extra "bling" on the EC9 series and the ES is supposedly ebony. It does look like the ebony cups I have on my headphones, so I will assume it is actual ebony and not just ebony stained. I am just a sucker for cues with minimalistic design. Never was a fan of inlays, points, dots, and whatever else the cool kids got slapped on their butts. Here is she in all her dark beauty!

IMG_1779.jpeg

IMG_1782.jpeg

9ball5032

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks great. I almost pulled the trigger on the Ebony, but I got the Wenge instead. I love my EC7. My EC7-W really has beautiful grain. Mezz really knows how to select good wood.

7stud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
EC7-ES:
Forearm Wood: Ebony

Butt Sleeve: Ebony

EC9-K
Forearm Wood: Exotic Wood Black Stained

Butt Sleeve: Exotic Wood Black Stained

You got the nicer cue!

Last edited:

chenjy9

Looks great. I almost pulled the trigger on the Ebony, but I got the Wenge instead. I love my EC7. My EC7-W really has beautiful grain. Mezz really knows how to select good wood.

Absolutely agree, when the light hits the cue butt at a certain angle it looks absolutely stunning.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
When buying from the bigger "production" companies you can usually believe them when they say it's a wood. If it's colored or stained they will state it.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not sure why my phone won't attach pics to this site (says they are too big), but I somehow can with my PC, but here we go. I got my Mezz EC7-ES with the Sigma shaft last Tuesday and have been absolutely in love with it. I don't know if it's the LD type shaft or the Kamui tip or the Unified joint, but it just feels so nice playing with it. My McDermott E-F3 with its maple shaft of 15+ years will always have a special place in my heart, but I am really having a good time with the Mezz.

I ultimately went with the EC7-ES over the EC9-K because I disliked the extra "bling" on the EC9 series and the ES is supposedly ebony. It does look like the ebony cups I have on my headphones, so I will assume it is actual ebony and not just ebony stained. I am just a sucker for cues with minimalistic design. Never was a fan of inlays, points, dots, and whatever else the cool kids got slapped on their butts. Here is she in all her dark beauty!

View attachment 597190
View attachment 597191
I absolutely love all my Mezz / Exceed cues and shafts as well. Sadly though, I can’t say they’ve made any difference in my extremely inconsistent game.

chenjy9

I absolutely love all my Mezz / Exceed cues and shafts as well. Sadly though, I can’t say they’ve made any difference in my extremely inconsistent game.

This is why I am in no hurry to upgrade to their Ignite CF shaft. 🤣