My STL1 has different rings! What does that mean?

Impact Blue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nothing to panic about, but I did notice that mine does not have white and black ring work, rather just the metal railroad style stitching.

I happened to purchase it maybe four years back, and it was my first "real" investment, well before I decided to take the game seriously. Oddly enough when I put it away at the hall, it was next to a STL1 with a forearm of birdseye what was night and day compared to mine.

Does this suggest anything? I mean the eyes on the b&w versus mine were ridiculous. Can I date my cue's production by this? Maybe mine's a lesser quality or fake...lol...hmm.
 
Impact Blue said:
Nothing to panic about, but I did notice that mine does not have white and black ring work, rather just the metal railroad style stitching.

I happened to purchase it maybe four years back, and it was my first "real" investment, well before I decided to take the game seriously. Oddly enough when I put it away at the hall, it was next to a STL1 with a forearm of birdseye what was night and day compared to mine.

Does this suggest anything? I mean the eyes on the b&w versus mine were ridiculous. Can I date my cue's production by this? Maybe mine's a lesser quality or fake...lol...hmm.
that's a tough one. Not really enough info there. But most production cues will vary in colour. That is for sure.
 
the rings change over the years. I've had 3 STL-1's and they were all a little different, but the same :)...thats actually what I play with now.
 
Gerry said:
the rings change over the years. I've had 3 STL-1's and they were all a little different, but the same :)...thats actually what I play with now.

How long have you owned your current STL-1? and what kind of ring work does it have?

Thanks for your help guys.
 
Back
Top