my thoughts' on Ronnie

Autist

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lol, someone has her little panties in a bunch.

Ebdon - struggling, way past his best.
Williams - struggling, way past his best.
Robertson - out of sorts.
Stevens - struggling, way, way past his best.
Carter - has not beaten O'Sullivan in 12 attempts.

As easy a draw as it was possible to get. He played no one either in form or in their prime. You are blinded by the hype and your very deep and meaningful man-love for Ronnie. The facts are pesky things that are getting in the way.

What I said was spot on, as ever. I have a tip for you - don't try and tell an Englishman about snooker, yeah?

Ebdon - Won the China open before 2012 championship.
Williams - Australian Goldfields Open 2nd, Shanghai Masters 2nd. World number one before losing to Selby in Shanghai.
Robertson - Shanghai semi-final, Won the Masters.
Stevens - Didn't have a great season but made quarter-final in German masters.
Carter - Doesn't matter that he hasn't won against Ronnie. He played ****ing awesome and made it to the finals, and that counts.

After these FACTS(again btw), I have a question for you. What the **** are you on about?

I am not a huge Ronnie fan like you think I am, I just hate seeing when people talk shit.

Slasher

KE = 0.5 • m • v2
Silver Member
There have been better players than Ronnie, with Hendry for one being a country mile better.

Not sure I would agree with this, it's impossible to compare the past players fairly because you are judged along side the competition. Number of titles aside even Hendry has stated on many occasions Ronnie is the best of all time and his ego is not exactly small.

Not sure I would agree with this, it's impossible to compare the past players fairly because you are judged along side the competition. Number of titles aside even Hendry has stated on many occasions Ronnie is the best of all time and his ego is not exactly small.

Hendry has said Ronnie's the most naturally gifted player he's ever played against. I'm not aware he's said he's the best of all time, and obviously, he's not going to say he himself is the best there's ever been.

Besides, it's not as if we're comparing entirely different generations here. Their careers overlapped significantly, and they played many times. Ronnie at his best is the greatest natural talent ever, but his best usually came against weaker opponents: there's the whiff of flat track bully about him. Hendry just monstered everyone equally, regardless. Lionel Messi aside, I'd say Stephen Hendry is the greatest sportsman of modern times.

A winner beyond compare.

Ebdon - Won the China open before 2012 championship.
Williams - Australian Goldfields Open 2nd, Shanghai Masters 2nd. World number one before losing to Selby in Shanghai.
Robertson - Shanghai semi-final, Won the Masters.
Stevens - Didn't have a great season but made quarter-final in German masters.
Carter - Doesn't matter that he hasn't won against Ronnie. He played ****ing awesome and made it to the finals, and that counts.

After these FACTS(again btw), I have a question for you. What the **** are you on about?

I am not a huge Ronnie fan like you think I am, I just hate seeing when people talk shit.

Just answer me this, kiddie. Which of those players played well against Ronnie? Carter played to par - the rest were rubbish. Next you'll be telling me he would have preferred to play Selby, Ding, Trump, Higgins, Maguire or Murphy!

The facts are, Ronnie had no one to play and, crucially, didn't have to play well to win. And so far, this tournament is not dissimilar. That's not to say he wouldn't have played well if he had to - he simply didn't need to.

Lonestar_jim

Two & Out
Silver Member
Buggy comments

http://sportinglife.com/snooker/news/article/663/8684248/osullivan-return-was-for-money

Folks:

I'm a big Ronnie fan -- no bones about that -- but I have to say, Ronnie's comments above are disgraceful to the sport. Ok, maybe they might be true personally, but godammit, not everything that's in your mind has to spill out of your mouth. Noone is above the sport. If you want to retire, retire gracefully, once and for all, like Hendry did. Don't come back and disparage the sport saying you only came back because you're behind in your child's school fees and didn't have any money, that you're not enjoying it "but have to do it," that you're "required" to keep your sponsor happy by fulfilling contractual commitments, blah-blah-blah...

Barry Hearn should do something about ridiculous behavior / interviews like this.

-Sean

Very narcissistic stuff. I really thought his comments about the "only 3 to 5 days left to get through" were touching. How do you guys say it ? Complete Bollox ? Well he made a nice pitch for eating at McDonalds.

Does anyone think some of this crap may have been scripted ?

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone think some of this crap may have been scripted ?

When there is big $$$ involved, everything in life is scripted, from the Govt right down to snooker..... The bigger the $$$$ the better written is the script. Think boxing is legit? never....