Natural Born Euro Mosconi Cup sides

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So far we have had many discussions about how it's not fair that the best players live in US but play for the Euro side.

Let's say they were given a choice to play on either side, why are we assuming that if they "can" play for the US, that they would?

I think the Euro players are closer together and friendlier with each other than the US players as a group, that they can take their competition against each-other and put it aside more for the team better than the US players can.

So I really don't think that if Jayson, Mika, etc.. were told "pick a side" that any of them would pick the US. And if they were told "US or nothing" I don't think that they would play their best for the US team.

I say, let the teams stand on where you were born, or at least where you were raised and results are what they are. I also think the Euro side and US side needs to be limited and expanded respectively from the talent they can pick from. With how pool play has expanded around the globe, there are too many good pool players outside the US now to make it a "fair" game. In the 80s and even 90s, Euro and Asian pool play has been really weak compared to US (outside of Philipines), now there are pool tours and players playing pool from an early age so instead of mostly snooker players shooting 9 ball in the Mosconi Cup we have real pool pros there against the US.
 
Last edited:
lol can you think of any other reason that, given the choice, they might want to be on the European side rather than the American?
 
Back
Top