Navigating threads

bayoublaster400

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is it possible to navigate to a certain page in a forum? If so can someone tell me how to do this? I like reading in the "Talk to a Mechanic" forum but I'd like to be able to start where I left off reading previously and I don't see page numbers at the bottom of the forum start page. Is it possible to go straight to page 100 instead of starting on page 1 and clicking next 100 times to get to page 100? Thanks everyone

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is it possible to navigate to a certain page in a forum? If so can someone tell me how to do this? I like reading in the "Talk to a Mechanic" forum but I'd like to be able to start where I left off reading previously and I don't see page numbers at the bottom of the forum start page. Is it possible to go straight to page 100 instead of starting on page 1 and clicking next 100 times to get to page 100? Thanks everyone
on the first page of a thread it shows how many pages and you can go straight to the page you want.

bayoublaster400

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
on the first page of a thread it shows how many pages and you can go straight to the page you want.
I understand what you are saying and I appreciate your response, but I was referring to how to go to a certain page in the forum and not a certain page in a particular thread. Any idea on how I can do that? Thanks again

bayoublaster400

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I understand what you are saying and I appreciate your response, but I was referring to how to go to a certain page in the forum and not a certain page in a particular thread. Any idea on how I can do that? Thanks again
I got it now. I wasn't clicking on the page button to get the pop up box to come up where you can select a particular page in the forum. Many thanks!!!

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In Firefox you can install an addon called Save to Read. It puts an open book icon and white plus sign on a green background on your toolbar. when you come across a page you want saved, hit the plus sign which will turn to a minus sign and it's bookmarked in the STR list. I have stuff that's been in there for years. If you're done with the page, hit the minus sign and it's gone.

bayoublaster400

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
At the bottm of this General forum you will see a button that says "1 of 3471" (total number may have changed) Just touch where it states "1 of 3471" and a box will appear that lets you navigate to any page number in the forum.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
At the bottm of this General forum you will see a button that says "1 of 3471" (total number may have changed) Just touch where it states "1 of 3471" and a box will appear that lets you navigate to any page number in the forum.
not on mine. mine's at the top. i'm on a desk top. phone may be different.