Navigator Break Impact Tip Review (mainly to review as a playing tip)

dlao02

Hello all,

I've searched online for information about this tip, and I can't find much information on it. I thought I'd leave a review here:
As a jump tip and break tip, this works great. Crushes racks, and jumps well too.

Now onto how it works as a PLAYING TIP...
I've found that I can hit extremely powerful long distance draw shots with this tip. More powerful than with playing tips of normal hardness. Jacked up against the rail, 8 diamonds away, object ball hanging in the pocket, I hit the power draw, cue ball comes back, hits the rail I'm shooting over and bounces out an extra diamond. I can't do this with any other leather tip that I've experimented with (kamui black soft, kamui black medium, elk master, triangle). You may say my stroke is good so I can do this, or you can say my stroke is bad and I should be able to do more. Bottom line is, I can get a lot of action with this tip.

I've also been able to jump full cue with this tip (with my bridge on the rail). I use a solid maple shaft. So the jumping ability of this tip is definitely there. I'm unable to jump full cue with any other playing tip (not even a triangle!). But once I switched over to this tip, I can! I can also pull off partial ball jumps very often. It's nice to be able to pull off certain shots without a jump cue. I'd guess that if I ever join APA in my life, this would be useful to have too, since APA doesn't allow jump cues (I heard).

About the miscue limit... I'm not sure if the miscue limit for this tip is less than that of a Triangle tip. I've done a lot of testing to see, and the results came back inconclusive. I think that the bias that's been built up maybe makes me think sometimes that the miscue limit is different. But when put to the test, the miscue limit of this and the Triangle tip feel like they're the same.

The speed of the tip is easily adjusted to. The sound/feel of the tip takes a little bit of getting used to but, I'm used to it. Good playing tip overall. Earl Strickland fans out there that wanna shoot shots like he does, just use the Navigator Break Impact. That'll get you 50% of the way there...

crazy8legs

Registered
Thanks for the review. I'm looking at putting a break tip on one of my cues to make it my break cue.

Would you go with this over a Samara or White Diamond?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

dlao02

Thanks for the review. I'm looking at putting a break tip on one of my cues to make it my break cue.

Would you go with this over a Samara or White Diamond?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Never tried Samara or White Diamond, so can't comment on that, sorry :/
Main focus of the post was to review it as a playing tip, I just edited that into the title