Ned Morris Cue - Warped

slush

Registered
Eyeing this Ned Morris cue on ebay, the seller posted a video of the butt being rolled on a table and it's got a noticeable warp to it. Says it plays straight and rolls straight with the shaft.

I'm sure it would probably shoot straight, but I guess the question is; is it a killer for any type of resale value?

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Eyeing this Ned Morris cue on ebay, the seller posted a video of the butt being rolled on a table and it's got a noticeable warp to it. Says it plays straight and rolls straight with the shaft.

I'm sure it would probably shoot straight, but I guess the question is; is it a killer for any type of resale value?

If you are asking if you can flip it for a big profit, no

If you want a player at a reasonable price, it doesn't matter

slush

Registered
If you are asking if you can flip it for a big profit, no

If you want a player at a reasonable price, it doesn't matter
No, not looking to flip it at all. It will be my playing cue, but if something else comes along and I need recoup some of the funds.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Like any cue.
Sooner or later the warp will have to be addressed.

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
Simply my opinion. Others may differ.

Based on the price alone, I would buy it -- it is a nice cue. (I know -0- about prices of Ned Morris cues, but I assume the price is "right".) Note, however, that I would never consider buying a $600 cue as an investment -- hoping it would increase in value. I'd rather take my chances with $600 by gambling on pool, craps, etc.

Had this been an "expensive" cue, the poor quality of the video alone would be enough to cause me to pass. Poor focus/resolution, poor lighting/shadow can hide a lot. The use of a penlight or flashlight would have helped tremendously. It is possible that this video shows the full extent of the defect, but it is also possible that it does not.

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Simply my opinion. Others may differ.

Based on the price alone, I would buy it -- it is a nice cue. (I know -0- about prices of Ned Morris cues, but I assume the price is "right".) Note, however, that I would never consider buying a $600 cue as an investment -- hoping it would increase in value. I'd rather take my chances with $600 by gambling on pool, craps, etc.

Had this been an "expensive" cue, the poor quality of the video alone would be enough to cause me to pass. Poor focus/resolution, poor lighting/shadow can hide a lot. The use of a penlight or flashlight would have helped tremendously. It is possible that this video shows the full extent of the defect, but it is also possible that it does not.
Ned Morris is still active and he can almost fix any cue anyone sends to him. Buy the cue, play with it and contact Ned about sending it to him. He is an excellent gentleman and will always talk to his customers. Right now, he's in a fix of things that has happened to him and family for the last two months, but he'll be back in form soon.