Need Help - Hope to buy a Brunswick Gold Crown

Hacker39

Registered
Hello All,

Just looked at a gold crown III and have a tentative deal to purchase for $1600. The table is in a private residence and at one point was used in a pool room. I hit some balls around and on the surface the table seems fine.

I did notice one area of concern. The top panel or piece that the rail connects to which goes from side to corner pocket was just a touch loose. I noticed this because balls hit into the rail made a hollow thud sound. Since I don't know a lot about tables, is this an area of concern or is this something that can be remedied by tightening a bolt? I also am hoping for guidance on the other rails. They all made a thud as balls were hit. They just weren't as hollow or loud as the loose rail. Is this normal??? I am so used to playing in a loud room that I don't normally hear the rails unless they are loose or old. I ask because this was a rec room in someone's house and very quiet.

Am hoping that someone with table experience can help. What else do I need to look for concerning slates, rails, etc.???

Again, the table seems to be in good shape, especially for $1600.

I welcome you're comments!

edd

Trance Doc
Silver Member
Hello All,

Just looked at a gold crown III and have a tentative deal to purchase for $1600. The table is in a private residence and at one point was used in a pool room. I hit some balls around and on the surface the table seems fine.

I did notice one area of concern. The top panel or piece that the rail connects to which goes from side to corner pocket was just a touch loose. I noticed this because balls hit into the rail made a hollow thud sound. Since I don't know a lot about tables, is this an area of concern or is this something that can be remedied by tightening a bolt? I also am hoping for guidance on the other rails. They all made a thud as balls were hit. They just weren't as hollow or loud as the loose rail. Is this normal??? I am so used to playing in a loud room that I don't normally hear the rails unless they are loose or old. I ask because this was a rec room in someone's house and very quiet.

Am hoping that someone with table experience can help. What else do I need to look for concerning slates, rails, etc.???

Again, the table seems to be in good shape, especially for $1600.

I welcome you're comments!

Post this in the table mechanics forum. Sure you will get some definitive feedback.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Factor in NEW Cloth, and the Cost of Moving it by a PRO. To your price.

You might also PM real kingcobra, as he knows about a lot of deal on good pre owned tables.