Need Help Identifying Weight Bolt

Das Cue-Boot

I am trying to reweight a group of similar cues and found that the weight bolts are not a standard thread size or something I have seen before. Measuring them they come to 14 mm (very close to 9/16) with a thread pitch of exactly 3 mm. This doesn’t come to an even SAE size so it looks like it would be an M14-3, which is not a standard metric bolt. Thread depth is fairly shallow, bolts would be stackable and have an 8 mm (pretty much the same as 5/16 in) allen head.

Does this match anything currently in use, and if so, how can I get a selection of small ones so I can adj the weight?

tg_vegas

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
I have weight bolt sets from most all of the major manufacturers. They vary immensely. Diameters, Pitch, Chamfers, etc. I must have at least six different styles for various types. No standards exist as far a s I can tell.

Das Cue-Boot

The other option, which has a little risk involved, is that I could retap it to M16-2 and just use a standard size.

Das Cue-Boot

A pair of M16 x 2 taps cost me $10, and a bag of 25 set screws is $9 plus $5 shipping. If I go that route I’ll have enough to share . . .

Any reason why that wouldn’t work?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am trying to reweight a group of similar cues and found that the weight bolts are not a standard thread size or something I have seen before. Measuring them they come to 14 mm (very close to 9/16) with a thread pitch of exactly 3 mm. This doesn’t come to an even SAE size so it looks like it would be an M14-3, which is not a standard metric bolt. Thread depth is fairly shallow, bolts would be stackable and have an 8 mm (pretty much the same as 5/16 in) allen head.

Does this match anything currently in use, and if so, how can I get a selection of small ones so I can adj the weight?
Seems kinda anal to me. Just use the bolt size the cue needs. How often do you change wt?

Das Cue-Boot

Seems kinda anal to me. Just use the bolt size the cue needs. How often do you change wt?
I would, but can’t figure out which ones to use. The manufacturers have often gone out of their way to make this difficult so they can charge $10 for a part that should be 10 cents.

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
In order to offer help, knowing the brand of cues could help

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

got pics?

Das Cue-Boot

This is the only one I have left not in a cue. Weighs 54g/1.9 oz. Measure is in cm.
DSC03018.JPG