need matching white/black shaft ringwork for 1984 Meucci

jkmarshall_cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone have any Meucci plastic white/black ringwork for a shaft they would be willing to sell so I can fix a friend's shaft without making a 3" billet? Here's the style I'm looking for.

Thanks,

John Marshall



KGrHqUOKkEE1wLFjH2BNuSjZQ_12.jpg
 
If you are going to do any repairs, making that ring billet now is a pretty good idea. You'll come across it quite often.
 
Yeah, you're right. Time to make the billet and then use as needed. Thanks for reminding me that it will get used up eventually.

John
 
ring

Hi, I think I have some .I will have to check when I get to the shop.
 
If you are going to do any repairs, making that ring billet now is a pretty good idea. You'll come across it quite often.

Ryan beat me to it. That's a pretty common ring and it would behoove you to build up a supply of any common ringwork if you're doing much repair work. It'll save you time later. I make up a minimum of 6 inches at a time of any other cuemakers rings and when I'm making MY standard rings I'll do at least 4, 6" billets of all 3 sizes while I'm doing them. I like to stay ahead of those things.
 
I need to find a good billet material to make some Myself. As everyone has mentioned That billet was used a lot, not only in that chain link design, but as standard dash rings with solid black, and white rings wrapping It. I have My Fathers old 4 point Originals that has this design, and It was carried on into later models as well. I would almost dare to say It was one of, if not the most commonly used through the 80's and early 90's, Well, at least most cues I remember seeing from back then, had that billet used in them somehow or another. A lot of the cues with the rainbow stained forearms had that billet in them as well.
 
This ABS is similar to the original material.

http://www.cuestik.com/store/product.asp?DEPARTMENT_ID=103&ITEM_ID=5785

Its not about matching the color when it comes to cue repair. You NEED to match the playability, as well as the color. In the ring billets, it isn't as important as long as you are using the same black plastic around the ring pack. I've seen some people use phenolic or black Juma and those materials have different characteristics.

It may be splitting hairs but I feel this is an important part of repairing cues. I hope this helps.
 
This ABS is similar to the original material.

http://www.cuestik.com/store/product.asp?DEPARTMENT_ID=103&ITEM_ID=5785

Its not about matching the color when it comes to cue repair. You NEED to match the playability, as well as the color. In the ring billets, it isn't as important as long as you are using the same black plastic around the ring pack. I've seen some people use phenolic or black Juma and those materials have different characteristics.

It may be splitting hairs but I feel this is an important part of repairing cues. I hope this helps.

I agree 100% on matching feel as well as looks.

I have MP in joint, butt, and ferrules sizes. I use It to replace the old ferrules that were prone to splitting because It's the closest thing I have found to those both in feel and color, and It matches some of The ring work they put out, but It is not as white as the ring work in question here. I figured ABS is probably the way to go, but the color of the ABS You linked looks really similar to the off white color of the MP. Is It whiter then they show in the pictures? They do have It in black that looks like It would work http://www.cuestik.com/store/product.asp?ITEM_ID=5784&DEPARTMENT_ID=103
 
meucci ring

:thumbup:I do have a shaft ring I would let go. Just let me know. Doug
 
Has anyone run into a problem with melting the ABS plastic when cutting the slots??? I was curious if there are any tricks to learn, or problems to avoid when making this plastic billet. Also, what glue do you recommend for ABS???

God I love AZ for its help and answers.

Thanks!!!

John
 
Back
Top