Need opinions on a cue trade...

Lance Link

Banned
Last year I won a choice of cues in the league banquet raffle. I chose a nice looking Dale Perry with a radial pin. I only shot it about a dozen times in my basement. I'm used to 314 shafts, and the DP has the conventional shaft.
I asked a local player if he was interested in trading for his older, unchalked Dominiak with a 3/8x10 pin (which will fit my 314 shafts).
I would shoot with the Dominiak with the 314. The Dale Perry would sit in a case in the closet.
But the local player wants an additional $100, because he can't sell the Dale Perry as new.

What do you guys think ? Yes ? No ? Counteroffer ?

This is the Dale Perry. Ebony & Malachite. Radial pin. The "certificate" says 12/2008.
 

Attachments

  • 101_1910.jpg
    101_1910.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 321
Thats a nice DP. You got the cue for free essentially so its costing you $100
for the trade. Not bad if you like the Dominiak.
So, make a counter offer. Have the DP shaft retapered to 12.75 like the 314
and see how you like it, or have your 314 plugged and retapped for a radial pin. If you're used to how the DP plays for you it probably will be cheaper to
alter your 314. I don't charge much to plug a shaft and retap. But then, I've been known to work for beer if I know ya.
 
The other guy is going to send me pics of the Dominiak. I'll post 'em when I get 'em...

I remember a lot more inlays on the Dom, plus a friend of mine has one, and I like the way it feels...

With most DP's going for around $125 on ebay, I don't wanna make the wrong deal, either...

I may sell the DP outright depending on what he wants $$ for the Dom...
 
These are pics of the Dominiak I'm interested in...

This is one of his older cues, with the 3/8x10 pin.
 

Attachments

  • DOMINIAK.jpg
    DOMINIAK.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 213
  • DOMINIAKB.jpg
    DOMINIAKB.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 193
  • DOMINIAKF.jpg
    DOMINIAKF.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 192
True...

You ask him, therefore he has the upper hand,,,about +$100 worth.

I would most likely fetch around $125 for the DP on ebay...

Any idea how much Dom's early work is worth ?
(I'm actually looking for a player to put my 314's on. This Dom has a 3/8x10, which is what my 314's are).

I guess what I'm asking is, is the Dom worth the DP plus an extra $100 ?

Opinions are always appreciated...
 
Back
Top